Iphone 11 screen not entirely frozen but unresponsive to touch,

My Iphone 11 touchscreen is unresponsive but not frozen. When I try to unlock with my passcode the numbers just get highlighted with a border line around them but nothing happens. I get notifications for emails, messages, texts, and calls but I could not open them, same thing happens, they get highlighted with a border line around them. I need to be able to unlock my phone with my passcode before I could do any fix but how can I do that when the touchscreen is unresponsive? I already tried the basic fix, press volume up & release, press volume down & release, press side button and hold till the Apple logo appears. It shuts down but when I restart the issue is not fixed, the touchscreen is still unresponsive. Please help.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 10

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 3:53 PM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2024 3:59 PM in response to Aikyuuri

Nothing more that you can do yourself at this point.

There is a hardware problem with your phone......(likely the screen digitizer).....that will require service at the Apple Store....(make an appointment), or take the phone to authorized Apple service shop....(no appointment needed).

You can find a list of authorized shops in your area using this link:

Find Locations

Good luck

Iphone 11 screen not entirely frozen but unresponsive to touch,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.