You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music for artists and 2 factor authentication

I can’t access my account because the number I registered appears to be wrong. I’m the only one who has access to the account and I have only ever used my number.

I have been through Apple support already and have been told that if I don’t know the number it’s tough… I find it hard to believe that there isn’t some form of escalation process or other way to very I own the account?!

I registered for Apple Music for artists on an old anndroid phone so it was never associated with an Apple product such as a phone etc.

The email and password are correct, however I don’t get a text or phone call and when I click the option for “Can’t use my phone” or “Account recovery” it says it’s the wrong phone number.

Apple support suggested o speak to my carrier to check for any other numbers I may have… I have had the same number for well over 10 years and have no other mobile numbers. I have also been told to check with family and friends. I am the sole user of the Apple Music for artist app and have not added any other numbers to the account!

I understand the need for extra layers of security, but when I’m on a call with an advisor who is sharing my screen and can see the email from 2020 confirming i have access to the email account and the app, I find it hard to believe there is no reasonable workaround to confirm I am the owner of the account!

I am then told that as it’s an Apple Music for artist issue, I need to raise a support ticket via that website, which I did in the first place!

I can’t fault the advisor as she was great, however the lack of flexibility here to recover my account is ridiculous!

is there another way to recover the account without the mobile number as, clearly the number is wrong?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 1:17 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Music for artists and 2 factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.