iPhone Won’t Work With Cellular Data OR Wifi

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this because I have never been more befuddled. On the 17th of June, my iPhone 14 Pro Max was rebooted. When it powered back on, it was no longer using cellular data. Regular SMS messages work, but I’ve been signed out of iMessages somehow. Basically, anything to do with the internet is not working. My carrier doesn’t have any outages. I thought maybe I could use my home WiFi until it jumped back in, but the phone will not work with WiFi either. It says it’s connected, but it does nothing. All of my other devices are working perfectly with the WiFi, it’s just this one. Cellular data says it has full bars, still nothing. I reset the network settings multiple times, I turned it off and on and did a reset, and I called support. She had me reset all my settings which didn’t help either. Phone is getting absolutely no notifications and she wasn’t able to run diagnostics because the phone wouldn’t connect to the internet in order for her to do so. (That’s what she said anyway, I don’t know how that works.) I can’t go to an Apple Store because I live in a rural area and there isn’t one, so I’ve basically tried everything I can think of except that and a factory reset, which I would like to avoid because I’ve had the phone for nearly a year now and I can’t make sure everything is backed up to iCloud because of the data issue. Is the phone basically bricked, am I going to have to get a new one?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 11:56 PM

2 replies

iPhone Won’t Work With Cellular Data OR Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.