iphone disabled

Help, my friend gave me her old iphone xr for my grandson, he tried to many times with the incorrect passcode and it now says iphone disabled, connect to itunes. The phone is not active and she doesnt even remember or think its on her findmy or itunes. How do I get it undisabled? Can i log in to my own itunes and go from there?

Thanks

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 5:21 PM

Laralye wrote:

Help, my friend gave me her old iphone xr for my grandson, he tried to many times with the incorrect passcode and it now says iphone disabled, connect to itunes. The phone is not active and she doesnt even remember or think its on her findmy or itunes. How do I get it undisabled? Can i log in to my own itunes and go from there?
Thanks

Hello Laralye,

You will need to put the iPhone into recovery mode to unlock the device. I have attached an Apple article that contains all the information you need to unlock your device so that you can set it up again.

This article will help you If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support.

I hope this information helps you regain access to your device.

Take care

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2024 5:21 PM in response to Laralye

Laralye wrote:

Thanks

Hello Laralye,

You will need to put the iPhone into recovery mode to unlock the device. I have attached an Apple article that contains all the information you need to unlock your device so that you can set it up again.

This article will help you If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support.

I hope this information helps you regain access to your device.

Take care

iphone disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.