iCloud sync extremely slow never wants to sync

Howdy,

On wifi at home (fiberoptic), work wifi or cellular the upload speed of my iPhone 15 premix <--f*** apple autocorrect.

On any connection, upload and sync to iCloud is extremely slow, taking as long as 15 minutes for a 15mb file. I do not notice this on my iPad. Also, it never wants to sync, always giving me a message like "saving battery" or "slow network connection". I don't give a darn, when I shoot a video on my phone and go to edit it on my iPad Pro I want it to be available.

I want this dumb phone and iPad to stay synced, for $3200 for an iPad and a phone I feel like it could do that. Very un pro.

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 21, 2024 8:14 PM

3 replies

Jun 21, 2024 8:44 PM in response to Breck_Wyo

Breck_Wyo Said:

"iCloud sync extremely slow never wants to sync: Howdy, On wifi at home (fiberoptic), work wifi or cellular the upload speed of my iPhone 15 premix[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Uploading:

A. Time Varies:

How long depends on the speed(Data Transfer Rate) of your router, and that of you iPhone. Being GBs of data, it may take quite a bit.

B. Any Overheating?

If your iPhone is overheating, then you may need to cool it down. If internal space is eaten up, try clearing it...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

C. Clear iCloud Space:

Perhaps iCloud is close to being full? Go here, and view your storage capacity remaining in iCloud: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive. If full, then download it all, and set it anew.

Safely Clearing iCloud Storage:

One unique method...

Download All of iCloud:

One thought would be to download all of iCloud, and then search through it in Finder on a Mac. You would download it to an external drive, and then open the drive in Finder. Search through it using the search bar on the top-right corner of the Finder window. Once found, you can trash what's iCloud using FinderUse my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Jun 21, 2024 9:34 PM in response to Breck_Wyo

Breck_Wyo Said:

"iCloud sync extremely slow never wants to sync: My iPad and other devices do not have this problem: It's freezing where I live I cloud is 25% full"

-------

Troubleshooting iPad Innumerableness:

By "freezing", if you are saying that it is cold inside, then get into normal operating temperatures.

1. Go here: Important handling information for iPad – Apple Support (AU)
  2. As it reads: "Operating temperature. iPad is designed to work in ambient temperatures between 32° and 95° F (0° and 35° C) and stored in temperatures between -4° and 113° F (-20° and 45° C). iPad can be damaged and battery life shortened if stored or operated outside of these temperature ranges."

iCloud sync extremely slow never wants to sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.