Resetting my iphone 11 via USB-C and Finder app

My iphone 11 recently went into unavailable mode, and after the wait period was over i tried entering the correct passcode multiple times, but it refused to accept the code, so the wait period went from 5 mins to 8hrs after multiple attempts. I'm seing it might be a software update issue, and my phone indeed was downloading some software overnight, and i've resolved to resetting it with my Mac. However, every time i go into recovery mode on my iphone, the recovery software starts downloading on my mac, says it'll take about 4 hours, but then the iphone seems to disconnect and restart, going to the lockscreen where the 'unavailable' timer has gone back to 8hrs, since i disabled the option to erase iphone after multiple attempts. Now I have to restart the whole process again and i'm stuck in this loop. What do i do? My cable isn't faulty at all.

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 21, 2024 11:58 PM

1 reply

Jun 22, 2024 12:07 AM in response to tinega

tinega Said:

"Resetting my iphone 11 via USB-C and Finder app: then the iphone seems to disconnect and restart,[...]"

-------

Getting Back into your iPhone:

You've just made a major change to your iPhone. So, by your reports, it may be stuck in a boot loop. So, get out of it, and see if it then works. This can occur when installing an update, and it stalled which in the process.  So, use MY User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Resetting my iphone 11 via USB-C and Finder app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.