Changed my apple id now can't log in appstore with new ID

Previously, I used my school email to open an Apple ID. Now I changed my Apple ID, but whenever I'm trying to log in to the app store, I can't log in with my new ID; everything else is working. I used my previous ID for 2 years.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 24, 2024 1:39 AM

2 replies

Jun 24, 2024 9:28 AM in response to lamishaislam

Rather than creating a new Apple ID, I suggest that you go back, recover your previous Apple ID and update the email address used for that ID. If you no longer use the email address that's associated with your Apple ID, or you no longer have access to it, you can change it. You won’t lose access to your contacts, purchases, or other account information. I have done this personally with my own Apple ID and I know that it works.

Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID -

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 14.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17.5; HomePods, audioOS 17.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jun 24, 2024 8:13 AM in response to lamishaislam

We need more information about the symptoms such as the exact wording of error messages, or a better description of what you are doing and where exactly it fails. Asking questions here is like going into a doctor's office. If you just says "it hurts" the doctor doesn't know if you need an aspirin or brain surgery. ;-)

Changed my apple id now can't log in appstore with new ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.