How do I unlock my iPhone if I forgot my Apple ID and password?

I have an IPhone 15 plus and cannot for the life of me remember my Apple ID or password. How do I get past that? I do have proof of purchase.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 24, 2024 2:11 AM

1 reply

Jun 24, 2024 8:40 AM in response to Texan227

This article tells you the various ways you can try to discover your forgotten Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used. If you are currently using a mobile device that is logged into your account, go to Settings and tap your name at the top. Look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

This article outlines what to do If you forgot your Apple ID password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (read this support article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. More detail in —> Activation Lockout Issues - Apple Community

If you still need help this page provides country-specific Apple Support contact information ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you cannot recover the account, Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not detail what currently constitutes proof. Apple may typically require the original receipt* issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. If Apple resets the device this will give you access to the device but won't restore access to the account used to lock it. There is nothing that can be done to expedite an Activation Lock request.

*Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

How do I unlock my iPhone if I forgot my Apple ID and password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.