17.5.1 broken personal hotspot.

I have an iPhone 15 pro which i recently updated to ios 17.5.1. Prior to this update i had no issues with hotspot, but upon update, my devices could not connect to my phone's hotspot.

My laptop, which connects to other hotspots fine, connects but says the hotspot has 'no internet.' this issue does not occur on any other iPhone that has not been updated.

I have tried all recommended fixes on both laptop (which i now am sure is not the issue) and iPhone.

Will there soon be an update to fix this bug? I do a lot of work in places with no wifi, and need hotspot.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 24, 2024 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2024 9:58 PM

Peekaboos Said:

"17.5.1 broken personal hotspot.: I have an iPhone 15 pro which i recently updated to ios 17.5.1. Prior to this update i had no issues with hotspot, but upon update, my devices could not connect to my phone's hotspot. [...]Will there soon be an update to fix this bug? I do a lot of work in places with no wifi, and need hotspot."

-------

Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot After an iOS Update:

Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2024 9:58 PM in response to Peekaboos

Peekaboos Said:

"17.5.1 broken personal hotspot.: I have an iPhone 15 pro which i recently updated to ios 17.5.1. Prior to this update i had no issues with hotspot, but upon update, my devices could not connect to my phone's hotspot. [...]Will there soon be an update to fix this bug? I do a lot of work in places with no wifi, and need hotspot."

-------

Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot After an iOS Update:

Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

17.5.1 broken personal hotspot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.