ICloud backup turn off and deleted but it still using up space

Hello community!

I have an annoying problem. After getting notification that my iCloud is running low, a decided to free up space. I turned off and deleted my device backup but still the backup is taking up space. Now if I turn backup on it can backup because there's no space.... So frustrating. Is there any solution to this.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 5:19 AM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2024 7:01 AM in response to nebojsafromuzice

I have your same problem ! Deleted a backup but the storage still shows the space as used.

50gb wasted. I waited 30 days plus few more as Apple says it takes that time to reassign your space.

It didn’t happen . I contacted Apple support: useless and frustrating and a waste of time

On another forum there is a thread still going on since 6 years ago with iCloud ignoring deletions and giving back your right space. Someone lucky enough to find the right engineer with Apple support had its iCloud space reindexed and he got it back. I told my advisor about that, but he didn’t understand that the problem is not on my computer but on their iCloud servers. 🙄

I suggest to give a feedback and signal that is a bug Feedback - iCloud - Apple

ICloud backup turn off and deleted but it still using up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.