Remove passwords from old iPhone

I recently moved my iPhone to a new device. I would like to remove the passwords stored in the old device. But when I follow the process described by Google Copilot (as described below), it removes passwords from both of the iPhone.

How do I delete the passwords in my old device without impact my new device

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Scroll down and tap Passwords.
  3. If you have Face ID enabled, your phone will need to scan your face before proceeding. If not, enter your passcode.
  4. You’ll see a list of passwords that your iPhone has saved for various websites.
  5. Tap the account you want to delete the password for.
  6. Tap Delete Password.
  7. Confirm by tapping Delete to permanently remove the saved password from your iPhone1.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 6:54 AM

Welcome To The Apple Support communities “SCALee”!

On your old iPhone follow these steps:

1. Tap Settings, tap your name, then choose iCloud.
  2. Tap Passwords and Keychain.
  3. Turn Off “ Sync this iPhone” option.

Note:

If you turn off iCloud Keychain:

• When you turn off iCloud Keychain, password, passkey, and credit card information is stored locally on your device.
  • When you sign out of iCloud on your device while iCloud Keychain is turned on, you're asked to keep or delete your Keychain information. 
    • If you choose to keep the information, your passwords and passkeys are stored locally on your device, but aren't deleted or updated when you make changes on other devices. 
    • If you don't keep the information, your passwords and passkeys aren't available on your device. An encrypted copy of your Keychain data is kept on iCloud servers. If you turn iCloud Keychain back on, your passwords and passkeys will sync to your device again.
  • When you turn off iCloud Keychain or sign out of iCloud on your device, you won't have access to any of your shared password groups. Other members of those groups will still have access to the passwords and passkeys that you shared.

All The Best!

❐‿❑

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2024 6:54 AM in response to SCALee

Welcome To The Apple Support communities “SCALee”!

On your old iPhone follow these steps:

1. Tap Settings, tap your name, then choose iCloud.
  2. Tap Passwords and Keychain.
  3. Turn Off “ Sync this iPhone” option.

Note:

If you turn off iCloud Keychain:

• When you turn off iCloud Keychain, password, passkey, and credit card information is stored locally on your device.
  • When you sign out of iCloud on your device while iCloud Keychain is turned on, you're asked to keep or delete your Keychain information. 
    • If you choose to keep the information, your passwords and passkeys are stored locally on your device, but aren't deleted or updated when you make changes on other devices. 
    • If you don't keep the information, your passwords and passkeys aren't available on your device. An encrypted copy of your Keychain data is kept on iCloud servers. If you turn iCloud Keychain back on, your passwords and passkeys will sync to your device again.
  • When you turn off iCloud Keychain or sign out of iCloud on your device, you won't have access to any of your shared password groups. Other members of those groups will still have access to the passwords and passkeys that you shared.

All The Best!

❐‿❑

Remove passwords from old iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.