Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Forgot passcode on old iPhone XR

Have an iPhone xr and haven’t used it in a while. I forgot my passcode and the find my iPhone is turned off - not exactly sure why, I always make sure that’s on. Anyway, the phone is on my list of devices on iCloud but says I can only change things in the settings. Can not connect to internet because don’t have the same one as I had when I used the phone. How can I get into it?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 7, 2024 5:40 PM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2024 6:50 AM in response to Cynga03

The bottom line.........you will need to use a computer to reset your phone.

Perhaps you have a friend with a Mac or PC that would let you use it for 20-30 minutes.

Otherwise, take the phone to an authorized Apple service shop to let them reset the phone for you. You can find a list of authorized Apple service shops in your area using this link:

Find Locations

Jul 8, 2024 6:44 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I appreciate your help, however, I do not have a computer to use and it is an older phone, so it does not have service and cannot connect it to Wi-Fi because I can’t get into it. How come I can’t reset it (I don’t even care if it factory resets at this point because everything I need is on the iPhone I use) in iCloud by clicking it from my iPhone list that are connected to my Apple ID? If there is a way, I can’t figure it out and can’t erase it in findmy due to no connection. This phone has not been used in in over 2 years.

Forgot passcode on old iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.