Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Setting up a new ipad

I’m in the process of setting up a new iPad and can’t get past the sign in prompt based on an old email address for which I no longer use or have the password. The sign in has stopped and I can’t proceed with the setup which is very frustrating.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jul 9, 2024 7:42 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2024 8:35 AM in response to Springmead

I already have a 3rd generation iPad and the one I’m now setting up is a 2024 iPad Pro. The old email address I think we used to make purchases through iTunes. I no longer use this one and have no recollection of the password. My current email which has been in use for many years is fine and I have the sign in ID so no problem. The iPad set up process prompts me to sign in with both the new and old addresses, presumably to verify my old purchases. The trouble is I can’t delete these because I can no longer sign in to that old address and identify which ones they are.

Setting up a new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.