You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I find and remove spyware from my iPhone 12?

Hi, I am almost positively certain that my iPhone12 is being spied on. A certain person knows my whereabouts at all times. Has even quoted a text that I had sent out to someone else. I also remember downloading an app that I never found after downloading

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 15, 2024 10:13 PM

1 reply

Jul 15, 2024 10:28 PM in response to forrest251

forrest251 Said:

"How can I find and remove spyware from my iPhone 12?: Hi, I am almost positively certain that my iPhone12 is being spied on. A certain person knows my whereabouts at all times. Has even quoted a text that I had sent out to someone else. I also remember downloading an app that I never found after downloading "

-------

There's no spyware on your iPhone. Seems someone has access to your Apple Account. So, secure it.

Secure your Info:

Having tapped something, you've interacted with this. As a result of interacting with this, your device is more vulnerable. So, secure your device, and accounts.

II. Securing your iPhone:

Reset your New iPhone to Factory Settings:

Set Up this Up Anew: Being Security & Privacy is of high-concern here, your best bet is to set this iPhone up anew, as if you were to sell it. Save what need be, and then perform as instructed here, including you iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support

II. Securing your Accounts:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, then (B)modify your credentials:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

How can I find and remove spyware from my iPhone 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.