You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I do a soft reset from iTunes, on an iPhone 13 that has a blacked-out screen but is still somewhat responsive?

My iPhone 13 has a black screen, with no signs of anything, but makes a sound when it is plugged in and begins to charge, alarms still go off, and the vibration haptics are still felt. However, the volume up, then down, and holding the side button does not generate any response or apple on the screen. Can this be fixed without visiting an Apple store?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 26, 2024 12:59 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2024 1:15 AM in response to alesha7712

alesha7712 Said:

"Can I do a soft reset from iTunes, on an iPhone 13 that has a blacked-out screen but is still somewhat responsive?: [...]Can this be fixed without visiting an Apple store?"

-------

Perhaps.

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

A. Force Restart your iPhone:

If the upload is stalled, then force restart your iPhone. It will proceed once the iPhone is powered back up and running. Go here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

B. Get Out of a Potential Boot Loop:

An iPhone can, at times, become stuck in a Boot Loop. This can typically occur when you update something, and it got stuck while in the process.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

C. Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

D. Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. The is something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of your issue, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this issue began, and how you've troubleshot it, this far. Include the your of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessa

Can I do a soft reset from iTunes, on an iPhone 13 that has a blacked-out screen but is still somewhat responsive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.