You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover lost notes on iPhone?

I’m not sure what caused this to happen, but when I opened up the notes app a couple days ago, 90% of my notes were gone. I didn’t delete any of them. The notes app had a few bugs when I would type in sentences. I would press “Done,” but sometimes it wouldn’t save my most recent sentence. I closed the app and then I opened the app because I thought it didn’t save the sentence and then GONE. I had some really important notes on there. I have updated my phone, I’ve done everything that apple support has asked me to do to fix the issue, but nothing has worked. Should I just give up? Is there anything I can do to get them back??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 26, 2024 1:18 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2024 1:23 AM in response to jonnnnnnnnnnnny

jonnnnnnnnnnnny Said:

"All of my notes got deleted!!: I’m not sure what caused this to happen, but when I opened up the notes app a couple days ago, 90% of my notes were gone. I didn’t delete any of them. [...]. I have updated my phone, I’ve done everything that apple support has asked me to do to fix the issue, but nothing has worked. Should I just give up? Is there anything I can do to get them back??"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the Notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

On iOS16 and since...

B. Check "Recently Deleted":

1. Go Here: If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Check your Recently Deleted folder
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup. Note that the iOS backup version must be of the same version as what is installed.

C. Getting Notes from iPhone-to-Computer Backup:

You Can't: Notes are not stored in iPhone-to-Computer backups, as they are backed up in iCloud.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,[...]"

How to recover lost notes on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.