You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my iPhone SE to factory settings?

I was gifted a iPhone SE First generation when i moved about 4 and a half years ago, never used it and now i am trying to get it to work. However when I was gifted this phone, it was all set to Mandarin I can't understand most of it. I have tried to guess the password but got stuck and ended up at the 'iPhone has stopped working' (iPhone 已停用) page with the connect to iTunes beneath it (连接 iTunes). I connected the phone to my mac and tried to reset it using the finder app and clicking the trust button on the locations part, and it said 'The value is missing'. Based on that i was guessing that there was supposed to be a pop up on the phone saying to trust the Macbook but there wasn't. This phone also has the voiceover setting on and Whenever I select something on the screen, it would just narrate the text that was also boxed. The shut down slider wouldn't work as well, it would just narrate ‘滑动来关机’ (Slide over to shut down) I would also like to add that there is no SIM card in this phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 14, 2024 7:24 PM

5 replies

Aug 14, 2024 7:46 PM in response to Pepp3roniP1zza

To Factory Reset your iPhone, Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset. If you choose the Erase All Content and Settings option, all of your content is removed.

Before you Factory Reset your iPhone, make sure to back up your device. This will ensure that you can load back your data on a new or separate iPhone. How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I reset my iPhone SE to factory settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.