You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock AppleID BEFORE signing in.?

I can log in to iCloud and see my Photos, my Notes, my calendars etc. But I cannot enter the service "Find My". I used Find My yesterday. Now, I get message my Apple ID has been locked, and I must unlock it BEFORE signing in.? I log in on my iMac I want to report my iPhone as lost.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 18, 2024 11:00 AM

2 replies

Aug 19, 2024 2:52 AM in response to sberman

Thank you "sberman".

The title of the link certainly looks like a key to the issue.

However, I have already went through that.

Unfortunately, it only creates more problems.

I don't get it. On all my devices I can access the Mail on iCloud, the Notes, the Drive, I can use the passwords for different websites I have saved on iCloud. But I can not enter the service "Find My" without Apple decides to lock my AppleID for the device I am using. Switching to another of my devices, I can make one successful search with "Find My" . Then the next causes locking of of my AppleID. This is how it has been for four of my devices. I still can access iDrive, Mail etc.

How to unlock AppleID BEFORE signing in.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.