Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Cannot create and access my Yahoo mail account on my old Catalina Mac mini.

I have a Yahoo mail account on my 2017 Ventura iMac but it is not on my 2012 Catalina mini so I tried to add it.

I put in my email address and password and Yahoo sent the usual 6 digit verification code to my phone.

This was used but after a few moments the message "Unable to verify your account. Try again later" appeared.

I have tried again several times only to get a message about either the address or password being incorrect.

In spite of this my iMac is getting emails from Yahoo saying that there is a new device sign in and if it was me, I am good to go.

I tried this process a week ago with the same results.

What is wrong with Yahoo?

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 22, 2024 1:29 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 22, 2024 10:03 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Ian R. Brown wrote:

I have a Yahoo mail account on my 2017 Ventura iMac but it is not on my 2012 Catalina mini so I tried to add it.

I put in my email address and password and Yahoo sent the usual 6 digit verification code to my phone.

This was used but after a few moments the message "Unable to verify your account. Try again later" appeared.

I have tried again several times only to get a message about either the address or password being incorrect.

In spite of this my iMac is getting emails from Yahoo saying that there is a new device sign in and if it was me, I am good to go.

I tried this process a week ago with the same results.

What is wrong with Yahoo?

That is a question you'll need to ask Yahoo support or look at their help site.

Cannot create and access my Yahoo mail account on my old Catalina Mac mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.