Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Significant Scratches on Apple Watch Display Affecting Touch Sensitivity and Screen Visibility – What Are My Options

I’ve noticed that my Apple Watch display has developed some pretty substantial scratches over time, as shown in the attached photos. These scratches seem to be impacting the overall functionality of the device in a few key ways:

1. Reduced Touch Sensitivity: I’ve found that certain areas of the screen, especially where the scratches are more prominent, are less responsive to touch inputs. It takes a few tries for taps and swipes to register, which is frustrating when I’m trying to quickly check notifications or track workouts.

2. Screen Visibility Issues: The scratches are causing light reflections and glare, making it difficult to read the screen under both indoor and outdoor lighting conditions. This is particularly problematic when I’m trying to check the time or view important information at a glance.

3. Inaccurate Display Feedback: Sometimes, the watch seems to misinterpret my inputs due to the scratches, causing unintentional actions. For example, when I try to scroll through menus, the watch may think I’m tapping, leading to unexpected selections.

Given these issues, I’m wondering what my best course of action is. Should I consider getting the express replacement , or would AppleCare+ (which I have) cover this kind of damage? Has anyone else experienced similar problems, and if so, how did you resolve them? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Sep 1, 2024 2:02 PM

5 replies

Significant Scratches on Apple Watch Display Affecting Touch Sensitivity and Screen Visibility – What Are My Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.