You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Will I receive my iPhone 16 Pro before the launch date on the 20th, if I pre-ordered it?

I placed the pre-order promptly this morning the moment the apple stored allowed. My card has already been charged and the order is now in "processing". Apple usually does not charge for payment until an order shipped. Can I assume my phone is shipping or very close to it and potentially will receive before the launch date on the 20th?

Thoughts?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 8:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 7:25 AM

I ordered my IPhone 16 pro max on Sept 14 and it says estimated delivery is Oct 11. Why is it so far away when they are supposed to be in stores on the 20th. What was the point in preordering

159 replies

Sep 17, 2024 5:30 AM in response to Preston463–

There are rumours online from daily mail and toms guide saying that the iPhone 16 pro and pro max orders will be delayed and they will be delivered on 2-9th October? Is this true? It would be a problem for me as my flip 4 has broken and im using a iPhone 6s so not capable of everyday tasks. Please someone confirm shipping dates, I don't know to trust the online rumours...

Sep 16, 2024 7:30 AM in response to WillC26

WillC26 wrote:

I ordered the iPhone 16 Pro Max on September 13 at 8:15 am
I like to know how long it takes Apple to ship my new iPhone 16 pro max
right now it’s on prepared for shipping. It’s been like that since Friday afternoon.
and now it’s Monday i’d like to know when Apple is going to ship out my new iPhone 16 Pro Max, so I can start tracking it

You won't get an update with a tracking number until likely Wednesday at the earliest. But your phone is moving through the system as it should. Read my post above about how I've been able to track mine even though Apple hasn't given me the tracking number. Bottom line though, is if Apple says you'll get your phone on the 20th, you WILL get your phone on the 20th.

Sep 13, 2024 9:31 AM in response to KaeBFly

Also, not sure what country you are in but if you are in the US if you have an account with UPS or FedEx you can often see when info about your package once a label was created before you may receive an email or text from Apple about it officially shipping. In the past it’s how I would track movement of preorders seeing them travel through China and its various stops until it reached the US and then reached the UPS hub in Lexington KY then sit for several days (due to the shipping exceptions that Apple imposed) then usually the day before launch is when it starts moving again to reach your city/area distribution center and then of course loaded onto the truck that will deliver it to you.

Sep 16, 2024 9:35 PM in response to WillC26

Supposedly you’re supposed to get track info to track your package but I’m not sure where these people say they are getting UPS tracking info when Apple haven’t sent them any tracking info yet even though the person has said they have a My UPS account.I’m also confused because I ordered my phone last Friday at 5am when preordering happened and Apple said I’m scheduled to get my iPhone this Friday Sept.20th but I’m also wondering where my package is really at.

Sep 15, 2024 3:51 PM in response to FreddieB12

FreddieB12 wrote:

lucky! mine still says "preparing to ship".

If you are in the US and you have a UPS My Choice Account, you can find your tracking information. On the Apple page, it will say preparing to ship until Apple sends you a shipping notification. Assuming you're getting your iPhone on Friday, it's already in the UPS system and it is in China, getting ready for its trip to to Alaska next, then on to whichever UPS hub serves your area, then on to a regional delivery center, then to you. You'll get it the date Apple promised.

Edit: I just checked the tracking for both phones and it appears they have now left China and are their way to America. Assuming your phone is scheduled for this Friday, your phone has likely already been through all the places in China and it too is on its way. Regardless of when they hit the US, UPS will NOT deliver them before the 20th, however.

Sep 13, 2024 9:02 AM in response to FreddieB12

You won’t receive it before launch day. It may ship and start moving through the chain but it will be held at the shipping hub until an authorized date to start the final shipping route to you. You will receive it on launch day if that is when it’s scheduled unless of course delays occur (once the shipper has it for example if a significant weather event occurs it could cause delays).

Sep 13, 2024 1:16 PM in response to FreddieB12

It has been years since that was happening. The bulk of the shipments will be held at the main hubs (sometimes labeled Super Hubs) and sit there per the agreement before going to the regional hub/distribution centers. But before Apple started imposing their delivery restrictions for launch day deliveries if you preordered early enough you were very likely to receive it 2-3 days early (used to happen for me all of the time). The likelihood of receiving it early is less than 1%…the shipper doesn’t want to receive repercussions from violating the contract agreement.

Will I receive my iPhone 16 Pro before the launch date on the 20th, if I pre-ordered it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.