You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Remove VPN icon from iOS 18 control center?

Hello, I updated my ipad to iOS 18 last night and found the Control Center now has a VPN activation button in the cluster with the Bluetooth and Wifi buttons, but I can't remove it or rearrange the icons to make things easier to use. Specifically, I used the Bluetooth button to toggle it on and off quickly so I could swap an external device (like headphones or a speaker) between my phone and iPad, but with the VPN button taking up the space with the Bluetooth icon this has become more difficult. I've tried everything I can think of to edit the Control Center or, at the least, shift the icons around so the Bluetooth button is not clustered into the bottom right, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do so.

I don't use my VPN enough to have it in the way of something I use regularly, so is there a way to remove the VPN option altogether? For me it's pointless to have this VPN button, plus it's made it more difficult to do something extremely simple. If I could remove it, or just shift it around that would be amazing, but right now this small issue is enough to keep me from updating my phone to iOS 18 because I use this Bluetooth icon that regularly.

iPad Air, iPadOS 18

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 9:21 AM

1 reply

Remove VPN icon from iOS 18 control center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.