You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

AppleTV Won't Stream Shows Since Upgrading OS

Hello Gals and Guys -

I have a Mac Mini(2018) along with an AppleTV, 3rd gen HD I believe. I use it the Mini to stream videos to the AppleTV via Apple TV app on my Mini. It's worked great for a few years, but now that I've upgraded to MacOS 15, if I have more than one video on my playlist, it plays the first video and stops, so any subsequent videos on the playlist won't stream. What can I try to get this working again? Thanks for any help.

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 8:25 PM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2024 2:00 AM in response to fredgarvins

AppleTV, 3rd gen HD I believe.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

As the Apple TV (3rd generation) [A1427 or A1469] supports SDR at 1080p, verify that your videos have these matching properties (or less) — not HDR, not 4K.

As the Apple TV (3rd generation) [A1427 or A1469] supports H.264 video, verify that your videos have this matching property.

As the Apple TV (3rd generation) [A1427 or A1469] supports AAC (or AC3 audio), verify that your videos have these matching properties.

Apple TV (3rd generation) technical specifications - Apple Support

Media files with other codecs may need to be converted.

The TV app on Mac may have ditched support for some older codecs, so verify that all the media in the playlist (still) plays on Mac in the TV app as well.

Playlists should continue to work, unless one of the files in the playlist has a compatibility issue with one of the apps involved with Home Sharing or AirPlay.

• Finder’s Get Info window will give some codec details.
  • QuickTime Player’s Movie Inspector window will give some codec details.
  • Invisor Lite (or any analyses tool based on MediaInfo) will give extensive codec details.

AppleTV Won't Stream Shows Since Upgrading OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.