Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music skips since Itunes 10

Whenever I am using flash for example while I am playing Facebook games Itunes sounds like a CD that is skipping horribly. Anyone else have this problem?

Dell

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 7:54 AM

88 replies

Sep 7, 2010 11:56 AM in response to itsjustmeagain

I am having the same issues. No problems at all with previous versions, now nothing BUT problems with iTunes 10. Luckily this is on my work PC and not home where I sync all of my stuff.

But, this is an issue - I listen to my tunes all day and its getting EXTREMELY annoying! If I wanted 'skip' music I'd listen to scratched up CD's or records.

Sep 7, 2010 1:41 PM in response to itsjustmeagain

I am having the same problem, all my music I have ever purchased is now useless because I cannot stand to listen to it. Pandora it is. Anyway, I have tested this out and thought it was internet browsing but I was completely unplugged from the internet with router problems and itunes 10 still glitched! It skips on newly added music, old music, everything and not in the same place in the song either. It is almost as if there is a "cd glitch/skip effect" checked somewhere. It is like when cd's skipped in a car over a bump. I have not been able to use itunes any more, looking to downgrade.

Sep 8, 2010 6:40 AM in response to itsjustmeagain

Yeah, I don't have the resources to back it up at work...they wouldn't be happy if I moved all my stuff over to the network as a back up until I could wipe my system clean and reinstall to see if that would fix the issue. If I would have known this was going to happen I would never have updated it. This is the first time in a long time I've been so disappointed in Apple.

Sep 9, 2010 10:47 PM in response to itsjustmeagain

Precisely the same problem here and it is maddening.

Here's what's happening for me: When I play music through my whole-house audio by selecting AppleTV through bottom right of iTunes(AirTunes), I get major audio drop-outs and stutter. However, when I go directly to my AppleTV and play music through my whole-house audio, it plays perfectly with no skips. There is no stutter whatsoever.

Only when music is selected though iTunes via AirTunes do I have an issue. I read in another thread that someone who had the precisely the same issue found out that the root cause was that iTunes was not being run as an "Administrator". Once they ran as an Admin, it seemed to have solved their problem.

I wasn't sure if I was as Admin or not, so I ran diagnostics and found out that I wasn't.

Now when I open iTunes through the Admin login, it wants to do a fresh clean install. I know I can reassign the library to that account but I shouldn't have to.

So for me, it's now just a matter of finding out how to re-establish permissions and open my iTunes and library as an Admin.

Is there anyone else here who is having the stutter issue even though they're running iTunes as an Admin?

I'm befuddled here why this would even make a difference.

(And yes, I've got ALL of the proper ports open.)

Anyone?

Sep 17, 2010 6:32 AM in response to itsjustmeagain

I have posted on this before, others have said they have the same problem, but still no solutions. Apple has NEVER responded to this, at least not so far as I can tell. Running iMac, iTunes, Airport Utility, all fully updated software and firmware. These problems have been around for at least 4 Leopard upgrades -- and it has been around long before iTunes 10. Problem is that when I select output to Airport Express stations in my home or office, all of which are set up as extensions of an Extreme, SOMETIMES the music is intermittent. iTunes is not pausing, it continues to track through the tune, but sound to the remotes starts, stops, starts stops. The computer speakers continue to play. Sometimes I can run 3 or 4 hours without an interruption, sometimes (like today) the interruptions come multiple times each minute. Somebody help, please.

Sep 17, 2010 8:46 PM in response to itsjustmeagain

FYI, my skipping happens at the same parts of the same songs. But, if I rewind the track to just before the "skip" happens, it plays back fine. Or even if I rewind the song all the way through, it'll play back without the skip. It always happens if I just listen to my playlists naturally.

But if definitely happens on the same songs ... And rarely on other songs that do not usually "skip."

I have 8GB RAM and a Core2 Duo 3.0GHz. Sooo ... I'm going to put all my eggs in the iTunes 10 basket and not the computer resource basket.
~laz

Sep 27, 2010 8:23 AM in response to itsjustmeagain

Also havng problems with burning music from the new iTunes 10 to CDs. All my tracks now stop abruptly before the end when playing back on CD player. The tracks play fine on my iMac and iPhone but not CDs after burning. Please help!! I am using the CDs on Thursday this week for a community venue and am concerned the music playback will be awful. also skipping on many tracks!!

Music skips since Itunes 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.