Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2016 12:28 PM by Nick-NJS Branched to a new discussion.
limcheehang Level 1 (0 points)
Dear all,

As mentioned in subject. The battery of my laptop is expanding.I try to called the Apple Support just now. They told me i need to pay for the battery replacement.

I am so disappointed with the service from Apple. I am having others brand of notebook with me right now and some of them even older than the macbook i have. But the battery never expand or swollen like this.

I just cant imagine if i don't notice the battery problem it might anytime leads to a possible explosion.

who can tell me what can i do? should i write to steve jobs about what their support team replied?

Macbook, Windows 7
  • Lyssa Level 6 (17,825 points)
    Your battery shouldn't explode. Are you near an Apple store or authorized reseller? The folks there may be more willing to help.

~Lyssa
  • limcheehang Level 1 (0 points)
    I already contacted the service provider.

They told me what i can do is only pay myself and get the battery replacement. They cant do anything as long as warranty period is over.

Such a bad experience.
  • laundry bleach Level 5 (6,915 points)
    who can tell me what can i do?

First thing, take the battery out of the computer. Do not use it further.

Best of luck.
  • Templeton Peck Level 9 (61,387 points)
    They cant do anything as long as warranty period is over.

Baloney. This is due to a manufacturing defect and should be replaced regardless of whether or not the warranty is up or not.
  • rviadojr Level 1 (0 points)
    Agree swollen batteries should be a manufacturing defect and should be replaced, never was it said that when we bought a macbook that expanding batteries were part of the deal. If it did not swell and couldn't charge after the warranty then yes its coming out of my pocket.
  • limcheehang Level 1 (0 points)
    I just spoken to their customer support again.

they told me whatever it is.. As your warranty expired. We can't help you except buying a new battery.

Swollen or expanding should be a manufacature defect... If this were happened to others brand. they already replace a battery....

Apple service is *****.. As long as your product warranty expired. They wouldnt even wish to entertain you.

Can somebody provide me a channel for me to lodge a complain???
  • chuaboyu Level 1 (10 points)
    hehe looks like you have gone to epicenter or istudio?
  • How to format external drive Level 1 (0 points)
    I have the same problem! It cost £67+vat to repair or brand new battery £99. We only can do is to pay for. Apple won't take there responsibility either manefactory deface or out of warranty.

Best of luck!

K. Liu
  • How to format external drive Level 1 (0 points)
    Yes, you should write to Steve Job to complain about these battery expanded or it may be lead to explosion. It was so many cast happen already.

Best of luck!
  • Bruce Sprague Level 1 (25 points)
    I have a Macbook that is almost four years old, and just recently my battery started swelling pretty bad. Read all the posts about getting the run-a-round with Apple support.....saying you needed to buy a new battery. Even though my battery still holds a decent charge, I figured I would probably have to spring for a new battery soon.....as I was due.

Someone on the Discussions mentioned try taking it to an Apple Genius, and see what they might do.

Yesterday, I took it the Genius at the Apple Store near Clear Lake, TX.....and lo and behold....he took one look at my battery and said "I will give you a brand new battery", no questions asked, even though my Macbook has been out of warranty for years, and I was out the door in minutes......with a brand new Apple battery!

Life is good.
  • NobreAngel Level 1 (0 points)
    You are really lucky guy!!!

Can I borrow this luck too? I'm having the same issue as you with my battery and my macbook is old like yours... My MacBook has 4 years now...

I'll take my MacBook to the Apple's Tech Support and see if they can change my battery for free as well.

Wish me luck!
  • Bruce Sprague Level 1 (25 points)
    Good Luck!
  • ghassabemahal Level 1 (0 points)
    Take it out and take it to a mac store. talk to one of the geniuses. more often than not they will replace it for free! I just did this a few hours ago and pretty happy!
  • Paulo Gervasio Level 1 (0 points)
    I have the same Expanding Battery problem as well in my 2009 White Macbook though I can still use my Macbook unplugged for hours. Should I be opening a support issue on this?
Previous 1 2 3 4 Next