Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does Skype keep al its settings?

I want to move my settings to a new computer. Does anybody know how to mover the settings? what files to move from where to where?

MBP, MM, MBP - 10.6 + Windooz XP on a hard partition

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 11:45 PM

Skype stores files in the ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/ folder and uses com.skype.skype.plist in the Preferences folder.

(53919)
26 replies

Sep 23, 2010 2:36 AM in response to snkhan

snkhan wrote:
Your contacts are stored on the Skype servers. It might be easiest to just do a fresh install of Skype on your new computer and NOT move over the preference files. Your contacts will be downloaded automatically when you sign into Skpe.

I did not know this. thanks.

where are my passwords stored? are they in one of the files Niel mentioned, or are they in the Key Chain? It would be nice to take those with me.

Sep 23, 2010 3:00 AM in response to snkhan

snkhan wrote:
Most passwords are stored in the OSX Keychain. To access these, go to:

Applications > Utilties > Keychain Access

You can reveal the password on any entry by entering the administrator password when prompted. Let us know how you get on!

Yep I did know that, thanks. I have an other post here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2590513&tstart=0

as I am unable to use the export function and like to transfer the files to my new Mac.

Where does Skype keep al its settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.