Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 11 ( and iLife 11) System Requirements

As you all know iLife 11 came out today with just iPhoto 11, Garageband 11 and iMovie 11. There's no iDVD or iWeb this time around.

The system requirements for this upgrade are a bit more restrictive than the previous version. *PPC Mac owners take note.* The following is from the iLife 11 page at the Apple store:

*System Requirements*

Mac computer with an Intel processor.
GarageBand Learn to Play requires a Mac with an Intel Core Duo processor or better.
AVCHD video from supported video cameras requires a Mac with an Intel Core Duo processor or better. Visit the iMovie ’11 Supported Cameras page for additional details.
1GB of RAM.
Approximately 5GB of available disk space.
DVD drive required for installation.
Display with at least 1280 x 768 pixel resolution.
Mac OS X v10.6.3 or later.

User uploaded file
OT

3Ghz iMac, 4G RAM, 1TB HD; MBP 2.16 Ghz 2G RAM; 1.5TB/160GB HDs;, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Canon:i850/8600F, Epson R280; 4G Nano, 30G Video iPod; iPad 3G

Posted on Oct 20, 2010 2:00 PM

25 replies

Oct 20, 2010 3:42 PM in response to Isaac Bardin

I was wrong. The box only mentions iDVD and iWeb in very small and low contrast type which I missed. However, when going the customized installation route one can see that iDVD 7.1 and iWeb 3.0.2 are included in the installation.

*However, calendars are not currently supported.* Clicking on a calendar sends you to this Apple page: iPhoto: Calendars and iPhoto '11

Greeting cards are supported. There are 9 slideshow themes. Don't remember how many were in iPhoto 09.

In the Photo's mode with Event Titles selected there are no key photos associated with the events. Just a list of Events with the date next to the title and the number of photos at the far right. I rather liked the key photo feature of iPhoto 09.

iPhoto 11 ( and iLife 11) System Requirements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.