Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Internal Error Occurred

Everytime I try to start facetime its throws me this error "An internal Facetime error occurred" has anyone else run into this or even have a fix?

Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 21, 2010 7:54 AM

38 replies

Oct 22, 2010 5:06 AM in response to ccsccs7

I had the same issue until I did this...

Go into the folder /Applications/FaceTime.app/Contents/LaunchAgents

Copy the two files "com.apple.apsd-ft.plist" and "com.apple.imagent.plist"
and place them in your LaunchAgents folder located in your Library folder

Fire up FaceTime and you're good to go. At least it solved all my problems. Hope this helps everyone here!

Oct 22, 2010 6:24 PM in response to mikefiya

mikefiya wrote:
I found my Launch Agents folder within the facetime app but I can't seem to find the LaunchAgents folder within my finder folder (where you said to drag the copies of the two files to).

mikefiya,

It's at /Library/LaunchAgents (at the root level of your hard disk. There's also one in your Home folder (the one with your username), if you cant put it in the root level Library. (You may need administrative privileges to do so.)

This didn't work for me, so I'll try a restart before completely ruling this out. 🙂

Oct 22, 2010 9:49 PM in response to punktilend

In my case the errors listed by Console indicated that the 4 plist files in ~/Library/LaunchAgents (referred to by others in this topic) weren't being accessed. Discovered that directory was empty! (no such files in the root /Library place either). Turns out the directory was owned by root - oops; the installer never had a chance. So fixed ownership and reinstalled, everything's fine now. Thanks a million for the great pointers.

Facetime Internal Error Occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.