Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will we ever get a "numbers" row on the virtual keyboard?

I have sent feedback to Apple, and have heard nothing. I have called Apple and was told to leave "feedback".
Is it just me, or does it seem silly to have to type twice as many characters just to enter a password because Apple didn't include numbers on the keyboard.
An eight digit password now takes 12 keystrokes as one must keep turning on and off the numbers row.
Am I missing something?

pc, iOS 4, mac when needed

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 3:27 PM

25 replies

Nov 3, 2010 3:39 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I'm happy that some don't feel a need for a change, but if there was an "option" for those of us who would like this, and didn't mind slightly smaller target keys, what's the harm?

Also, you're misunderstanding me - for every number, I must hit the .?123 key, and then hit the ABC key to type the next letter, then the .?123 key again to get to numbers, etc.

If my password was, for example, er7v4b8nm5, I would have to type seven extra keystrokes for a 10 digit password.

Does that make sense now?

That seems incredibly stupid.

But then again, that's probably why "The Onion" wrote the story on the "Apple Wheel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

Jan 2, 2011 9:07 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

so, two months have passed and NO ONE wants a visible number row? I am amazed that Canadians and Brits put up with Apple's ignorance with regards to their culture.
For example, a Canadian - British postal code looks like this: M2L 2K4
so, to type this six-digit postal code, you need to type 11 keystrokes.
I imagine their post offices won't use the iPad.
Apple Wheel - coming soon

Jan 2, 2011 9:41 PM in response to tvmaster

tvmaster wrote:
so, two months have passed and NO ONE wants a visible number row?

Apparently not

I am amazed that Canadians and Brits put up with Apple's ignorance with regards to their culture.

Oddly, I'd always thought that postal codes were something foisted upon us by a bureaucracy for their convenience rather than part of our "culture".

Jan 2, 2011 11:00 PM in response to tvmaster

tvmaster wrote:
so, two months have passed and NO ONE wants a visible number row?

The evidence is in, the answer is no.
I am amazed that Canadians and Brits put up with Apple's ignorance with regards to their culture.

British postal codes are essential parts of its culture? And this should concern Apple just how and why, again?
so, to type this six-digit postal code, you need to type 11 keystrokes.

What is your point? Were the Brits to change the format of their postal codes to, let us say, all numerical, while maintaining their insistence that any given Postsl Code should only represent somewhere on the order of 15-20 physical addresses, I think you'd still be typing 11 keystrokes. Or more.
I imagine their post offices won't use the iPad.

Oh, I should think they would. They will probably function better with it, and certainly complain less than some.
Apple Wheel - coming soon

It just numbs my brain after a while ....

will we ever get a "numbers" row on the virtual keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.