Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Cydia

I downloaded cydia on my iPhone 4 today. but i don't want it anymore, i don't like it and the fact that you have to connect it to the pc when you reboot the device is driving me mad. please if anyone can help me remove it from my iphone completely, it would be great.

thanks, alex.

Asus, Windows 7, it's Black, iPhone 4

Posted on Nov 25, 2010 9:11 AM

24 replies

Nov 25, 2010 9:44 AM in response to AlexHated

Cydia is installed onto your device when you jailbreak it. If you remove it then the jailbreak would have been useless unless you have already done what you needed to do (like install an ssh server).

As far as I know the only way to remove it is to restore it to the default Apple firmware, but as you said that gives you an error. Try putting it in DFU mode first and then restoring it.

Nov 25, 2010 12:00 PM in response to Graham Outterside

Graham Outterside wrote:

# Do not submit software or descriptions of processes that break or otherwise ‘work around’ digital rights management software or hardware. This includes conversations about ‘ripping’ DVDs or working around FairPlay software used on the iTunes Store.

But you knew that really .....

Sorry but the Fed has ruled that jailbreaking is not illegal anymore so how does that apply to your rule you quoted?

Nov 25, 2010 12:12 PM in response to KC7GNM

The above rule above is about the Terms under which you signed up to use the boards. It does not matter whether the activity is illegal or not - you have agreed not to discuss it in order to participate. It does not prevent you from discussing it elsewhere. Its not a Law - its Terms of use.

Its like having a no Shorts entry rule to a nightclub. Shorts are not illegal but you can't wear them in the club and would be refused entry.

Same here with jailbreaking discussions - talk about it here and the thread will be pulled and do it often enough and you'll get booted out.

Clearer ?

Nov 25, 2010 12:26 PM in response to AlexHated

seriously guys jailbreaking *****, it feels very bad. i only jailbroke to check it out then just delete it (thought it was easier) and to get a couple of apps till my mum gets her visa as to download free apps from the app store you need an account and for the account you need the visa. i like apple alot, my friends told me 'cmon just jailbreak it' i said no.. apple earn their money for the apps we get as they do a great job with the devices they sell out. and i really admire steve jobs and his company.

Deleting Cydia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.