Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login to mobileme

Apple TV 2nd generation does not log into MobileMe Gallery password protected folders. When entering username and password it returns not recognised. This does not happen when logging into Gallery using a Mac or PC.

Can anybody provide a solution

Mac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 6:08 AM

18 replies

Dec 13, 2010 3:45 PM in response to Junebug172

Yes but once you enter the login information you don't have to do it again so that means everyone in the family would have access to your private galleries.

And the reason it's not taking your login information is because you don't have any publicly available photos in your gallery. Upload some publicly available photos and make sure you aren't using the @me or @mac part in your username and it will work.

Dec 14, 2010 5:50 AM in response to gallagtj

If you have public photos and you are only using the beginning part of your username then you might be using the wrong username and password or one that is no longer valid. Other people are not having any problems with the login process. Try logging in to mobileme on your computer just to make sure you're using the correct information. Apple updated it's login process last week to require lower and uppercase characters and at least 1 number to make it more secure so that might have something to do with it.

Jan 3, 2011 7:25 PM in response to Junebug172

I agree with junebug172... there's something wrong if you can't access your own private galleries on your own AppleTV. I have a gallery that I created to use as a screensaver, but I don't want to make it public. People in my house seeing the pictures on the TV is OK... people I don't know seeing the pictures, not OK. This seems to be an oversight in the 2nd generation Apple TV.

As an attempted workaround, I made the gallery public, selected it on the AppleTV, then reset the gallery to private (hoping it would remember where the pictures were). It didn't work.

This really needs to be fixed.

Login to mobileme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.