Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectivity to Cardo Scala Rider

Hi, there.

I´m having difficulty in getting my iphone to connect to my cardo scala rider (it is one of these hands-free, bluetooth connectivity devices for motorcycle riders).

Any idea how I can get it done?

TKS

Alienware, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 5:00 PM

29 replies

Apr 3, 2011 12:39 PM in response to brendan002

I have an Iphone 4 that the voice control is "not" working with the scala rider q2, here's the kicker, my old scala rider that came with the TomTom gps is working fine with the Iphone 4. This is why I'm not blaming Apple like the others. I'm contacting Cardo and giving them this information to see if it's something on there end.

Hope this helps others...

Apr 3, 2011 1:01 PM in response to rafaelgarcifu

I have an Iphone 4 that the voice control is "not" working with the scala rider q2, here's the kicker, my old scala rider that came with the TomTom gps is working fine with the Iphone 4. This is why I'm not blaming Apple like the others. I'm contacting Cardo and giving them this information to see if it's something on there end.

Hope this helps others...

May 18, 2013 11:06 AM in response to Motamd

Scala Rider not activating Siri on iPhone 4, 4S, or 5? There IS a solution!

I have a Scala Rider Q2 pro and had iPhone 3GS and all worked perfectly. If I want to make a call, just make a loud noise or tap the control button the Q2, and 'Voice Control' comes on.

BUT.. when i got a 4S, the only way I could get Siri (or Voice Control if I turn Siri off) to come on was to actually push and hold the Home button the phone, which is just not feasible or safe when riding a motorcycle.

I searched high and low on the internet and found others with same problem, but no solution. I emailed Cardo (Scala) support, and got nothing. Then, a couple months later I decided to email them again. A few days later I got a reply with instructions AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!

Once again, I can be driving along on the bike and say "Boo!" (or whatever loudly) to activate the control on the Q2 (or tap the Control button) and then beautiful sound of Siri (din-din) comes on and I can talk to her and ask where to go for pizza, or phone my friend, or play Frank Zappa music, or whatever.

So, here is the ELUSIVE solution the "My Scala Rider will not activate Siri or Voice Control on iPhone:

-----

Thank you for contacting Cardo Systems Support Center regarding our products.

To resolve your connection issue you must reset the devices and create all new pairings.

Please do a soft reset of the phone by deleting the headset from the phone and turning the phone off for at least 15 seconds and taking out the battery, if possible.

Then you must reset the Q2 PRO unit.

1. Perform FULL PAIRING RESET (not Intercom Pairing reset) to all Q2 PRO's.

2. With the Q2 PRO powered on press and hold the control button until the unit begins to flash red and blue. (Note it will look like it is turning off; keep holding the Control Button in until it comes back on, Red and Blue alternating.)

3. With the LED flashing red and blue, press and hold ONLY the volume up button for 5 seconds until the unit flashes blue (light purple) 4 to 5 times and then flashes red 3 times and turns off.

4. You have now reset your Q2 PRO.

Next you must re-pair any Bluetooth connections previously connected, starting with Q2 PRO to Q2 PRO intercom pairings.

When attempting to pair your Q2 PRO with and additional Q2 PRO you must follow these steps:

1. Make sure that both Q2 PRO's are powered on.

2. Press and hold the control button and MC button simultaneously until the headset begins flashing red rapidly. Repeat this process on the 2nd Q2 PRO.

3. Both headsets will flash red until they are connected. After they establish a connection each headset will begin flashing blue at approximately the same time.

It is possible to connect up to two headsets to your Q2 PRO. To add a 2nd Q2 PRO to your headset repeat the intercom pairing process from the beginning.

When attempting to pair the Q2 PRO headset with a Bluetooth enabled phone the phone must support the ability to pair to Bluetooth headsets. It is necessary to place the headset into pairing mode before trying to discover it with the phone. To do this you must:

1. Make sure the Q2 PRO is powered on.

2. Press and hold the Mobile button until the headset flashes Red and Blue. . (Note it will look like it is turning off; keep holding the Control Button in until it comes back on, Red and Blue alternating.)

3. Now search for a Bluetooth enabled headset from the Phone system you are pairing the Q2 PRO with.

4. After your device finds the Q2 PRO you will be prompted to enter a passkey. The passkey for the Q2 PRO is (0000).

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you with any other questions.

www.cardosystems.com

Connectivity to Cardo Scala Rider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.