Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album art all messed up

The album art on my iPod (on iPhone) is all mixed up. On iTunes (on my computer) it's all correct. How do I fix this?

hp, iOS 4

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 9:03 AM

28 replies

Jan 16, 2011 5:23 AM in response to stefter

What happens if you remove both albums involved in a mix-up then add them back one at a time? E.g. the U2 & John Legend albums... Do these albums share a title by any chance? iTunes & iPods have issues with albums that have the same name but are by different artists, e.g. "Greatest Hits". Various forms of tag inconsistency such as mixed casing ("The Album" and "The album") or using Sort fields to merge different values of artist may cause also indexing problems. If you can't find any other resolution then you could delete the *Album Artwork* folder and force iTunes to rebuild the album artwork cache from scratch, although this will remove any store downloaded artwork.

tt2

Oct 19, 2011 5:41 AM in response to turingtest2

I had the exact same problem with album art totally mixed up after upgrade to iOS 5. I solved it by deleting all music from the iPhone (first unchecked "sync music" in iTunes, and then synced). Thereafter I reinstalled music by rechecking "sync music", and all album art appeared correct. The whole process (deleting and reinstalling) took about 20 minutes for 1200+ tracks.

Oct 19, 2011 5:46 PM in response to stefter

I think I figured it out: Connect your ipad/iphone to your iTunes PC/MAC. In iTunes, click on the iPad/iPhone. On the "Summary" tab for your device (in iTunes), select "Sync with this iPad/iPhone over Wi-Fi". On your iPad/iphone go to "Settings", then "General". Toward the bottom you'll see "iTunes Wi-Fi Sync". Select it. Select the "Sync Now" option. It's the only option. iTunes should start syncing the missing album covers.

I'm doing this as I'm writing this. Good luck!

Nov 17, 2011 5:47 PM in response to brian206

I seem to have the same issue. The album and movie artwork are all mixed up, that is the movie Up has air supply album art. Almost all albums hav the incorrect album art. I tried to do a restore, but it only locks up. So I synced instead. I'm wondering the best way of fixing this.

Ps: a friend was showing me a kindle fire, and we tried to do a head to head test. This is where I found the movie had the wrong art, when I tried to play the movie, it would just hang on wherever you slid the bar. I then tried to run a video on a website it hung as well. Rebooted and all is fine, didn't say much for IOS5.

Dec 8, 2011 1:47 PM in response to stefter

I've been having the same problem since upgrading to iOS5 on my iPhone4. I resynced and thought that fixed the problem, but I noticed today that it is still jumbled for some songs. I also noticed that in cover flow mode (i.e., holding the phone horizontally) it may or may not show the correct art, but when I turn the phone to the vertical orientation, it shows the generic double eighth note icon as if there is no art for that song.

I saw someone elsewhere had suggested it had to do with checking the "sync at 128k" checkbox on iTunes, which I do. Does anybody else having this problem also use the "sync at 128k" option?

Album art all messed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.