Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export contacts from iphone to Outlook

I am having trouble figuring out how to take my contacts from my iphone and exporting them to Outlook 2010.

We just setup office computers, and I have never synced my contacts to Outlook before.

Thanks!

Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 29, 2011 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2011 4:59 AM

1.Connect your iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch the iTunes application, if it does not launch automatically. iTunes displays your iPhone on the left panel under "Devices."
2.Click your iPhone on the iTunes panel and click the "Info" tab. Click "Sync contacts with" and select "Outlook."
3.Select "All Contacts" if you want to sync all the contacts from your iPhone to Outlook. If you want to select specific contacts, click "Selected groups" and place a check on the contacts you want to sync to Outlook.
4.Click "Apply" to sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook. Click the "Eject" button on the right panel and disconnect your phone from the computer. Close iTunes.
5.Launch Outlook and click the "Contacts" tab. You should see the imported iPhone contacts.
In brief,you can export your contact from to outlook easily. If it can't work, i share a page about [iPhone Transfer Reviews|http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/IPhone Transfer_SoftwareReviews], which maybe can do you a favor.
Good luck!
29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2011 4:59 AM in response to nola_questions

1.Connect your iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch the iTunes application, if it does not launch automatically. iTunes displays your iPhone on the left panel under "Devices."
2.Click your iPhone on the iTunes panel and click the "Info" tab. Click "Sync contacts with" and select "Outlook."
3.Select "All Contacts" if you want to sync all the contacts from your iPhone to Outlook. If you want to select specific contacts, click "Selected groups" and place a check on the contacts you want to sync to Outlook.
4.Click "Apply" to sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook. Click the "Eject" button on the right panel and disconnect your phone from the computer. Close iTunes.
5.Launch Outlook and click the "Contacts" tab. You should see the imported iPhone contacts.
In brief,you can export your contact from to outlook easily. If it can't work, i share a page about [iPhone Transfer Reviews|http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/IPhone Transfer_SoftwareReviews], which maybe can do you a favor.
Good luck!

Apr 16, 2013 1:23 AM in response to nola_questions

1.Connect the iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch the iTunes application. iTunes displays your iPhone on the left panel under "Devices."

5.Launch Outlook and click the "Contacts" tab.
Done. You should see the exported iPhone contacts to Outlook.

Jun 3, 2013 7:56 PM in response to nola_questions

Exporting iPhone Contacts to Microsoft Outlook:

Connect your iPhone to your computer with the USB cable provided with your device. You can also place the iPhone in the Apple Universal Dock. Once connected, iTunes, iPhone’s default management program, opens automatically. Select "iPhone" under "Devices." Click on the "Info" tab, select "Sync Contacts With" and choose "Outlook." Choose "All Contacts" to export all contacts from your iPhone. For specific contacts, choose "Selected Groups," followed by checking the contacts you prefer to export and sync with Outlook. After you click "Apply," disconnect the iPhone and launch Outlook to see the list of imported contacts.

If you prefer, you can configure Outlook as your default program to export contacts. To do so, go to Microsoft Outlook, click on "Tools," choose "Options" and then "Others." Check the box "Set Outlook As Default Program for Messaging, Contacts and Calendars." Click "OK."

Oct 7, 2013 9:50 AM in response to nola_questions

I was having the same difficulties.

Outlook contacts were set up on my iPhone to sync through the USB connection through iTunes. Sync contacts with Outlook was selected and my Outlook contacts page had numerour contacts listed.

However, after some time away, adding many new contacts to my iPhone, I found that outlook would not sync the newly created contacts.

My answer: Having backed up your iPhone, close down Outlook completely, then sync your iPhone. When you restart outlook, the new contacts are imported.

I'm assuming there is a conflict with the master contacts file on outlook. When Outlook is open, the contacts master file can't be updated/changed. Is this perhaps an iOS7 issue? It has only affected my contacts since I upgraded my iOS from 6 to 7.

So to reiterate. Shut down outlook, sync, reopen outlook.

Hope this helps.

Export contacts from iphone to Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.