Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MJPEG

How do you play MJPEG files natively with Apple TV 2 ? I added MOV files encoded with Apple MJPEG A and B to iTunes but video won't play in Apple TV 2. bitrate is lower than 30 mbps.

Thanks.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 11:46 AM

19 replies

Feb 8, 2011 9:00 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill wrote:
My assumption is that iOS supports MJPEG because there are a number of digital cameras that use the format.

That would be my guess too.

There are many ways to play media on your Apple tv other than simply having them in iTunes.

You mean Airplay? iTunes is still the only way to stream to AppleTV if there's no iOS Airplay source in the equation though as far as I know. I suspect iTunes would also choke getting these files onto iOS devices to use in Airplay but maybe not.

If these files play via Airplay you would expect them to also work via itunes>AppleTV 2 wouldn't you?

Feb 8, 2011 9:24 PM in response to Alley_Cat

If these files play via Airplay you would expect them to also work via itunes>AppleTV 2 wouldn't you?

Honestly don't know, I'm not sure iTunes supports AVI, but that doesn't stop iOS doing. If I had an AVI camera, I'd convert the files for iTunes anyway (actually I'd donate the camera to someone I wasn't keen on), however I suppose I could share the files via iphoto or mobile me or connect it to my iPad and share. That's if it's how it works, I don't know I have no AVI files to test with.

I also assume we will see many cameras coming to Market with airplay built in.

MJPEG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.