Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown Error 310 when I try to log into my ITunes Account

Has anyone else had a problem logging into their ITunes Account? I cannot log into my ITunes account from my macbook pro for weeks now and I keep getting the following error message
"We could not complete your ITunes Store request. An unknown error occured (310). There was an error in the ITunes store please try again later."
I have been able to log in to my account via wi-fi at home on my iphone...
I have contacted itunes support team and they have not been very helpful suggesting I sign up for tech support contract...HELP PLEASE..........

Macbook prp, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 9:59 AM

I have EXACTLY the same problem with the same error message. It started a few weeks ago. I asked for Apple support and they sent me a list of things to do if I were using MS windows - nice but I've got a macbook pro, and still can't order any music or films or even create a new account b/c the same message keeps coming up. I wrote them back yesterday and will post if I get a solution. Meanwhile, I can access from my office pc...
21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2011 9:59 AM in response to Kate Dublin

I have EXACTLY the same problem with the same error message. It started a few weeks ago. I asked for Apple support and they sent me a list of things to do if I were using MS windows - nice but I've got a macbook pro, and still can't order any music or films or even create a new account b/c the same message keeps coming up. I wrote them back yesterday and will post if I get a solution. Meanwhile, I can access from my office pc...

Mar 18, 2011 2:42 PM in response to Pdx Kris

Not sure if it will help you guys, but perhaps "310" is related to network connectivity.

I just realised (ironically when I went to reply to this thread!) that I still had my location set to "work" under which I have an automatic proxy setup for http which was being skipped but a manual setting for https... So basically I couldn't make https connections because my machine was trying to use the work proxy which I can't reach from home.

So my suggestion would be checking all your network settings and anything related to https.

Oct 18, 2011 1:46 PM in response to Kate Dublin

I had this same problem and discovered that my proxy settings for my network connection were wrong. To fix, I did the following:

1. Clicked on wireless network icon in upper right of screen

2. Selected "Open Network Preferences"

3. Selected the network interface I was using - in my case Ethernet

4. Selected the Advanced button in the lower right

5. Selected the Proxies Tab

6. Corrected my proxy server settings - in my case I did not have a port number set for my HTTPS proxy server.

From what I can tell, Itunes uses both HTTP and HTTPS protocols to connect to Itunes Store and to log in to Itunes Account (respectively). If you are on a network that requires you to use a proxy server, then you will have to make sure each of these protocols is set to use the correct proxy server URL and Port Number. Also, if you are on a network that does not use a proxy server, you need to make sure you don't have a proxy server set for these protocols.

Ideally, the proxy server settings are handled for you automatically when you connect to a new network, this isn't alwys the case however. Some older network don't support automatic configuration of the proxy server settings and you are forced to manually set the configuration. Most wireless and home networks I've run into don't use proxy servers, they are typically only used in large corporations to reduce network load on the intranet, or to manage external security threats.

Good luck

Apr 18, 2014 1:08 PM in response to Kate Dublin

Just found this post with the same problem but none of the above answers seemed to work for me (I'm on the dreaded Windows 8) A little late, but hopefully this can help others with the same problem that find this post. If your other web browsers (Google, Mozilla, etc) can function normally online, but your iTunes won't connect, odds are there's a connection problems with Internet Explorer. Here's a little step by step that might be more clear:

1) Open up Internet Explorer and you'll probably get a "Poxy Server Isn't Responding" message.
2) If that's the case, go up to "Tools" in the browser tool bar select "Internet Options".
2) In "Internet Options" window that pops up, click the "Connections" tab at the top.
3) Click "LAN Settings" near the bottom of the section.
4) If the "Proxy server" checkbox is marked with a check, click to uncheck it.
5) Click "Ok" to close the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" window.
6) Click "Ok" to close the "Internet Options" window
7) Either refresh the page or close and re-open Internet Explorer, it should be working now.

This worked for me and now my iTunes is functioning again, so hope that helps anyone else who sees this! Sorry if this is exactly the answer that most were saying, I just feel it's easier when put into steps (:

Unknown Error 310 when I try to log into my ITunes Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.