Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pedometer workouts not synced to nike+ website

pedometer workouts not synced to nike+ website, they appear in the itunes but i can't upload them to the site.

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 1:13 PM

19 replies

May 17, 2011 11:08 AM in response to pedometer workouts not synced

Yep, I too have been experiencing this problem for about two weeks. I can still log in to my Nike + account through the website, but my workouts aren't transferring to their server. My iTunes says that I have pending workouts to upload, and when I do connect my iPod to my computer, it gives me a server error when iTunes attempts to connect. This is such a let down! I was half way through Japan! 😝

May 18, 2011 8:36 AM in response to pedometer workouts not synced

I am also having the same issue. Error message says: iTunes could not connect to Nike+. An uknown error occurred (504). Make sure your network connection is active and try again. I use iPod Nano (3rd gen-I think) and started having trouble as of yesterday. Prior to that my last sync was about a week ago. I am using Mac 10.6.7 and iTunes 10.2.2. I am connected using WiFi. I have restarted, tried multiples times to sync; Cleared cache, pulled iTunes plist; confirmed cookies were accepted from Nike+ site and still same issues occur. Very frustrating as I am part of a run challenge on a team and need my miles to count for my group!! I found this article on http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1632 from Apple support page with some suggested troubleshooting. I have tried everything short of restore of my iPod-don't want to go there yet. I also checked Nike forum and have seen a other users with same problems. I hope its a Nike+ site issue and they are working to resolve. I have seen one discussion where someone called Nike and spent a lengthy time on the phone with them and was given some steps to "manually" upload workouts, not sure how that works and don't want to spend a long time working on getting this resolved. Any other suggestions out there????

Sep 5, 2011 12:46 AM in response to pedometer workouts not synced

Ok I figured it out.

Connect your iPod if iTunes opens up automatically then close it or this wont work.
ITUNES MUST NOT BE RUNNING WHEN DOING THE NEXT STEPS
Now navigate your iPod device in my computer or computer or whatever it is called on your system.. go to the "iPod Control" folder (this is a hidden folder so you will need show hidden folders enabled) then go to "Device->Trainer->Workouts->Empeds" in here there should be a folder with a bunch of letters and numbers, go into that one, next go to synched, select all the files in there (they are all .xml files) and press ctrl+X or right click and cut.
Now go back one folder from "synched" and go into "latest" press ctrl+V or right click and paste.

Important step.. log out of nikeplus.com and close your web browsers, all of them.

Now disconnect and reconnect your iPod, if iTunes is set to automatically start when you connect your iPod you will now get the "your data has been synced with nikeplus.com, would you like to visit the website?" and when you log in, your data is all there 🙂 (if its not there log out of nikeplus and back in again, sometimes cookies and cache can get in the way)

Took me a day to figure this out after it started happening to me, myself being a software engineer I knew there had to be a fix and couldnt find it in any of the forums, So I tinkered around until I fixed it myself, happy to share this with you all.

Happy running 🙂

Oct 11, 2011 11:07 PM in response to pedometer workouts not synced

If you have used your iPod nano with the Nike+iPod Sport Kit (sensor & receiver) AND used without it, two sensors data sets will appear in iTunes. By default it's sensor 1, sensor 2.

In my case I used the Nike+iPod Sport Kit before I learned that you don't need it for the iPod nano 6th generation. Once I use my iPod nano without Nike+ my, workout did not sync.

I solved the problem by logging into the Nike+ web site through iTunes under sensor 2 (sensor 1 for me was with Nike+ sensor & receiver).

Mar 18, 2012 6:18 PM in response to CoolSLO

I have just had the same problem the runs appear in my iTunes or my nanos history but the won't appear in my Nike plus account nor can i upload them I have just took my old iPod back because it broke after three months it was a christmas present and this is the first time I have tried to upload any runs with my new iPod with no such sucsess can anyone help as I never had any problems before and apple or Nike seem to be unreachable for this matter

pedometer workouts not synced to nike+ website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.