SAME PROBLEM, DIFFERENT FIX:
For error message:
- The app "<app_name>" was not installed on the iPhone "<phone_name>" because an unknown error occurred (0xE800002D).
-- BUT: that error was only for the final 8 apps out of 40 apps. Some (32 apps) got synced and fully installed, some (8 apps) got stuck in mid-install.
Log entries possibly associated with problem:
- iTunes: _send_message (thread 0x115f71000): Could not securely send message size 406: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL errno (Broken pipe).
- ath: _SubscribeForMuxNotifications (thread 0x7fff7674f180): USBMuxListenerCreate: Undefined error: 0
- ath: _NotificationSocketReadCallbackGCD (thread 0x7fff7674f180): Unexpected connection closure...
- iTunes: _NotificationSocketReadCallbackGCD (thread 0x7fff7674f180): Unexpected connection closure...
- com.apple.usbmuxd: _SendAttachNotification (thread 0x7fff7674f180): Device 58:55:ca:ea:fb:92@fe80::5a55:caff:feea:fb92._apple-mobdev._tcp.local. has already appeared on interface 4. Suppressing duplicate attach notification.
-- Initiated iTunes sync again. (Click the 'sync' button on iTunes.)
-- Seven more apps were sync'd, only one remained un-installed on iPhone.
-- Initiated iTunes sync again.
-- Final one app was sync'd. None remained un-installed.
Here it is April 2014 and this problem just started showing up on my MacBook Pro syncing with iPhone 5s and iMac syncing with iPod 5th G. Exact same error message. I am running latest software - OSX 10.9.2 and iTunes 11.1.5 on all devices.
iTunes has also been hanging frequently when I start sync. I keep getting the Spinning Beach Ball of Death.
I tried restarting all devices and corrected disk permissions.