Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trusteer's Rapport Software

Bank of Montreal online banking has a pop-up window offering me a free download of Rapport which it says will protect me from online fraud and identity theft. I don't like to download any applications on my imac unless I know it is not going to cause me issues later.
Please advise.
Thanks
Linda

iMac 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Mar 25, 2011 3:25 PM

131 replies

Mar 28, 2011 10:22 AM in response to TildeBee

We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We do appreciate everyone's feedback regrading this matter.

We would like to inform you all that the problem has been fixed and we recommend downloading Rapport again. You can download the latest from the link below, just locate your Bank in the link:

http://www.trusteer.com/book/leopard-105x-and-snow-leopard-106x

Should you need additional assistance, feel free to contact by submitting the following form: http://www.trusteer.com/support/submit-ticket

Trusteer Technical Support

Apr 1, 2011 8:27 PM in response to Klaus1

I wouldn't trust it. I stupidly downloaded Trusteer's Rapport after it was recommended by Bank of America Online Banking. Now Safari keeps closing down and giving me the error message "Safari has quit unexpectedly". I didn't put 2 & 2 together until I "google searched" the error message and found this forum and others implicating Trusteer's Rapport. Since the Safari problem began right after I downloaded it just a couple of days ago, I suspect it is more than a coincidence. I can't wait to get home from work tonight so I can uninstall it! Hopefully that fixes it. Live and learn.

Apr 2, 2011 1:08 AM in response to rxcats

I just got home and again "Safari quit unexpectedly". It seems to happen especially as I close a window. I quickly UNinstalled Trusteer's Rapport and the problem has stopped dead in it's tracks. I can open a whole slew of windows on Safari and close them and no more Safari failure. I strongly suggest that no one using a Mac install that software until the bug is out! It is very frustrating. I plan to notify B of A about this; they should not be encouraging their customers to download things that are potentially harmful to their computers. I believed them when they recommended using this.

Apr 2, 2011 4:14 AM in response to Klaus1

I installed Rapport when I changed bank here in the Rep. of Ireland. When I started having problems I eventually narrowed it down to Rapport. I checked Trusteer's website and noticed the version offered by my bank was way out of date (and it still is) so I downloaded the updater and tried again. Unfortunately, it fixed absolutely nothing so I stopped it via System Preferences and, bingo, problems gone.

Apr 3, 2011 12:46 PM in response to TildeBee

I found this thread (and the other threads about Rapport software) VERY helpful. My bank, Bank of America, offered this software to me. I downloaded it, but did not install it. I thought I would check the forums to see what other folks thought about it beforehand. I am so glad I did! I am not going to install.

Sounds like some folks are saying using OPENDNS is a better option. I'm glad to hear that, because I've been using them for years now. Never had any problems with their service.

My Mac(s) are running smooth right now and I appreciate this forum again! Forewarned is forearmed! 🙂 THANKS!

Trusteer's Rapport Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.