Previous 1 2 3 Next 858 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2011 10:42 AM by jrfw82
Mackey18 Level 1 Level 1
Hi guys, I ordered my iPad 2 at 1am GMT on the day of release (yes, I'm sad) but I've still had no updates on my order. I know there have been delays to shipping in the US but the UK is whole different kettle of fish. Does anyone have any news on iPad 2 shipping times in the UK? I can't wait for the iPad 2, so if it's going to take a long time, I'll cancel my order and see if I can get the model I want in a store.

Thanks,
Mike

MacBook 2.4GHz (Unibody late 2008) + iMac 27" i7, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 4GB RAM 250GB Hard Drive + 4GB RAM 1TB Hard Driv
  • igmackenzie Level 4 Level 4
    Don't know why you say the UK is a 'whole different kettle of fish'. They all come from the same place, so if there is a shortage, it'll affect everyone.
    On the day of release (25th) the dispatch was 2-3 weeks from the off in the UK Apple online. Today, it is 3-4 weeks.
    I got mine at PC World on Friday after queueing for about 3 hours and cancelled my online oreder.
  • Whagi Level 1 Level 1
    Ordered a iPad2 white 32GB on Saturday from PCworld in Leeds and its getting delivered on Tuesday. They had 29 of them available for order.
  • Mr86p Level 1 Level 1
    lol Im hearing ya buddy, it said 2-3 wks when id did it(around the same time as you) and my status hasnt change, As the other person stated it all come from the same place! but i think apple should of said 3-4 week as it comes from the same place as US, but i quess it can help, im sure ipad is the last thing on JP's mind at the moment
  • Julian Wright Level 7 Level 7
    I've still had no updates on my order.

Have you logged into your AppleStore account to check?

It will show you your estimated shipping and delivery date.
  • Chandra Level 1 Level 1
    I agree, check your Account Order Status for any updates...

I ordered mine online because I wanted the Personalised Engraving, & my Order Status updated yesterday to show that it is now 'Engraved' & not just Ordered...

so that's progress; I know that my actual Personalised iPad exists somewhere

as for Dispatch date, that hasn't changed yet, from the Original order, but I have had things from them before which have actually arrived before they were stated as due for Dispatch...
  • Surrey Winter Level 1 Level 1
    What exactly does your order screen say right now? I'v updated my order screen several times (don't know why - once a week would be fine!) but not sure what to look for.
    it lists the Date & Time of Ordering; the Order number...
    the Estimated Dispatch Date,
    the Estimated Delivery Date...

the item(s) ordered...
  • Mackey18 Level 1 Level 1
    Currently it's saying the my iPad 2 will arrive on the 26th April which seems stupid since the release date was more than a month before that. I know everyone else is in the same boat but I'm still just panicking over it.
    I meant "what does it say to tell you that its been engraved?"
    it says 'Engraved'..

whereas previously it said 'Engraving' followed by the Text I had requested, with an 'edit' option..
    Cool.

Mine still says:

iPad engraving| Edit
    "My name engraved"
  • Truly 55 Level 1 Level 1
    Same as you. Ordered @ 01:45 on Friday 25th March. Delivery estimated at 26th April I'm in the 2-3 weeks for dispatch but it'll be 3.5 weeks before it does. I doubt too that the shops will have any now until the end of April.
    My is showing:

Order Date: Mar 25, 2011 at 10:06 AM GMT

Estimated Shipping: 15 Apr, 2011
    Estimated Delivery: 25 Apr, 2011

Not sure of the logic - it sounds like yours was ordered 8 hours earlier but is scheduled for delivery 1 days later.

Mine is wirelss only 64Gb black - that may be the difference or it could just be the random number generator
    What makes you think that 2-3 weeks will become 3.5 (other than sod's law that is)?
Previous 1 2 3 Next