Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error in user name?

It looks like something got messed up in the site conversion. My user name (which appears to be unchangeable) on the new Community Forums does not match the name on my Apple ID. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 11:35 PM

Can you report your own post and ask a host to check into it?

My username got changed, but that was something I had asked for (and it finally happened!!)

23 replies

Apr 17, 2011 10:10 AM in response to iGerrard

iGerrard wrote:

I have a problem like this. My first name (not nickname) is wrong and there's no way to change it. My Apple ID shows the right name. How can I change it? Thanks.

I have the same problem, my real first name has been changed, actually it swapped with my housemates who also has an apple id and is in Apple support communities.

My changes first appeared in apple developer 9 days ago, the info on both my apple id

and itunes is correct, it was correct here until this change over.

Apr 17, 2011 10:28 AM in response to trilobyte

trilobyte wrote:

As OP on this thread, all I see in the Actions box is 'Stop email notifications' and 'Bookmark this'

it possible you may have to be a level 3 to report trilobyte, I can see it I'm not sure how it works these days.

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: Eme - I don't see report post, I guess we can't report our own.

Apr 17, 2011 10:29 AM in response to Eme

Seems like an odd thing to restrict only to the higher level accounts, as they'd likely have less use for it (being more experienced and less likely to require additional assistance).

Unfortunately, the issue remains unresolved. There is no clear path for me to take to request account help, so I'll have to just keep my eyes open and try to look around further when I get the time to explore and figure the new place out.

Error in user name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.