Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for a way to increase the sildeshow size in iWeb

I'm looking for a way to increase the slide show size from the pictures page in iWeb. It looks like it iPhone sized. I have tried it on 4 different computer with the same result

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 5:08 PM

21 replies

Apr 19, 2011 4:36 PM in response to PhotoMacGuy

There's really no easy way of doing so without post publication editing of some of the support files. There were other topics earlier on this subject but no one was able to do it .

You can use 3rd party java script slideshows instead of iWeb's. Examples of some are:

Jalbum - it has over 100 themes/skins to choose from and many will let you set the size of the slideshow image. An example can be see on this demo page: Jalbum Examples.

Other options are:

SimpleViewer and Flash Album Exporter

Flash Album Exporter Postcard and AutoViewer Slideshow Themes

The last two are from an iPhoto plugin.

OT

Apr 20, 2011 1:39 PM in response to Cyclosaurus

Thank you for the other options for the Slideshow. The problem is iWeb not work properly I do not think. The Slideshow that I'm referring to is the show that is generated by iWeb when you put pictures on a pictures page. Here is a page http://web.me.com/theruffians1/RufImage/Seals_1_2011.html you can check other pages they do it also. See what you think. I tried to "Publish entire site" with no change.

Thanks

Craig

Apr 20, 2011 3:02 PM in response to PhotoMacGuy

How big are the slides in the slideshow when you play it? The size of the slide I see in your slideshow measures 800 px x 535 px on my iMac. Here's a screenshot of the browser widnow that I'm getting:

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

Others also have reported really small images. I'm wondering if it couldn't be a hardware issue, i.e. graphic card.

Apr 20, 2011 4:10 PM in response to PhotoMacGuy

i can see your slideshow isn't set to full screen from here. you need to set the slideshows to full screen:

inspector --> photos pane --> slideshow tab --> appearance section --> select 'Full screen' checkbox.

btw, the only way to bypass this problem is to modify slideshow javascript, here is example with modified code:

http://temp.cyclosaurus.com/NavBarAltered/My_Albums/Pages/Photos.html

click on play slideshow and you will see just a small window but the image takes up the whole window.

Apr 20, 2011 5:27 PM in response to Cyclosaurus

I know it is not in full screen now. I understand that. All full screen gets me is a Big Black screen and still little tiny images. But I just did what you asked on the Seals page and the Rock page.Just checked same size image on Mac Air screen.

Looking at the font on my screen shot VS Old Toads you can tell that his is at least double the size.

As I'm looking at things in the iWeb app I see that in the Preferences I have Optimize images on import checked on. Would that effect anything?

Looking for a way to increase the sildeshow size in iWeb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.