Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modifying FTP server for site to site (FXP) transfers

I'm trying to modify an internal FTP server to allow server to server (FXP) transfers between another internal server.

I believe the problem is related to the IP address of the connection is different than the clients IP address.

One of the error messages I receive is:

425 Possible PASV port theft, cannot open connection.

One solution I've found in my searches is to run the disable-pasvip switch when compiling WU-FTPD. I'm using the FTP server that comes with Snow Leopard Server software, which I believe is based on WU-FTPD.

Are there any other solutions out there for configuring the FTP server to accept a site to site transfer without recompiling the Snow Leopard FTP server?

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 12:12 PM

1 reply

Modifying FTP server for site to site (FXP) transfers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.