Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Calibri Font

I know this question has been asked before, but my question is ever so slightly different! So here goes...

Whenever I start Pages I get the message about the missing Calibri Font. I recently switched from PC to Mac, so almost all of my Docs came with me. I did however convert them all to Pages Files because I totally ditched MS.

Now I know that Calibri is an MS font and that it's not one that Pages uses, but the really annoying thing is that I have never used Calilbri in any of my docs!! Let's face it, it's not really that nice... I have used my Ipad's Pages and MS Word together for a long time now, so always pick fonts that work together.

I know that one fix for this annoying "Some Warnings Occurred" box is to copy the text to a new document and resave it, but we are talking over 50 docs here, and that would take a little while to do, time that I really don't have right now. I run the SPA programme on WikiAnswers.com and all these files are used dayly, so it's really annoying to have the "Some Warnings Occurred" box pop up every time I load a doc! It really slows down the whole process!

Anyways! My questions is really what can I do about this box? Considering that I have never used Calibri, nor do I want to, I am finding it really annoying!

It's like MS's one last joke at my expess... Like it's sitting there, laughing at me knowing that it's still causing problems! Or maye it's' just payback for ditching it (¬_¬) Mean old MS....

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 6:02 AM

22 replies

Apr 27, 2011 6:20 AM in response to Stupid Little Genius

Are you quite sure you haven't used Calibri on the Pc? The warning wouldn't have mentioned that font if it hadn't been used in the document. I thought Calibri was the default Word font nowadays. Maybe it is in the documents styles.

I don't know of any batch converting of all the documents. Best would be that when you open one of the documents that you select all text and change the font to one you want and then save it as a Pages document. Next time it shouldn't pop up an error message. It will still pop up if you continue to use the Word document though.

Apr 27, 2011 6:30 AM in response to fruhulda

fruhulda wrote:

Are you quite sure you haven't used Calibri on the Pc? The warning wouldn't have mentioned that font if it hadn't been used in the document. I thought Calibri was the default Word font nowadays. Maybe it is in the documents styles.

I'm 100% possitive that I did not use Calibri. I'm very Font Fussy. I set up my own styles to use as the default so it would always use the fonts I liked. Those were Comic Sans, Times New Roman, and Lucida. The only time I used other fonts was in Photoshop.

fruhulda wrote:

I don't know of any batch converting of all the documents. Best would be that when you open one of the documents that you select all text and change the font to one you want and then save it as a Pages document. Next time it shouldn't pop up an error message. It will still pop up if you continue to use the Word document though.

This is exaxctly what I did when converting the Word files to Pages files. When I first loaded the Word files, I got the error about the font. I assused that it was picking it up from words formatting, so I opened each one, selected everything, changed the font to Lucida so they were all the same, and then saved it as a pages file. I now only use the Pages files, as you suggest, but I still get the Error Message...

Apr 27, 2011 9:13 AM in response to Stupid Little Genius

This adds an extra step the first time you open the document, but then should get rid of the warning after that.

When you get the warning that the document has some warnings, click Review. Then in the documents warning box that comes up, click where it shows the missing font. Look in the bottom left hand corner and you should see where it says replace font, select the font you want to use. Finally save the Pages document and it shouldn't be a problem after that.

I assume that it is probably finding the missing font in predefined styles so selecting all the text and changing the font won't change those.

Apr 28, 2011 11:20 AM in response to Stupid Little Genius

I already posted scripts able to change the font names embedded in the index.xml file which describe the iWork documents.

One apply to templates,

the other apply to standard documents.

Go to my iDisk :

<http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Download :

For_iWork:iWork '09:changeFont.zip

For_iWork:iWork '09:changeFontsInTemplate.zip

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 28 avril 2011 20:20:50

Please :

Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

Apr 29, 2011 5:16 AM in response to KOENIG Yvan

KOENIG Yvan wrote:

I already posted scripts able to change the font names embedded in the index.xml file which describe the iWork documents.

One apply to templates,

the other apply to standard documents.

Go to my iDisk :

<http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Download :

For_iWork:iWork '09:changeFont.zip

For_iWork:iWork '09:changeFontsInTemplate.zip

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 28 avril 2011 20:20:50

That's great an all, but only for people who what they are doing and are willing to mess about with things like that, as well as downloading files from unknown sources.

KOENIG Yvan wrote:

Please :

Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

If you noticed at the start of the post, I said that I had looked at the other questions ask in the community, but that mine was slightly different. I was not just asking how to overcome the "Some Warnings Occurred" problem. I was asking why I was having the issue when I had never used the font in any of my documents. This had no been covered in any of the other questions asked, and was something that I fest warranted an answer.

Thank you to Kelly Coull and Fruhulda for reading my post and answering both the questions raised. You'e both been very helpful and the problem is now solved.

Please:

Read the initial post fully first before assuming that it is identical to others that have been previously asked.

Apr 29, 2011 6:49 AM in response to Stupid Little Genius

The existing threads explained among other details that it's not needed to use a font to have it required in a document. In the templates are descriptors of objects which many users don't use.

This is why in one of them, I posted the list of every fonts used in at least one of the templates delivered in iWork.

About the scripts : they are readable by every user so anybody may know what they are doing.

The ones which I listed are just replacing a font name defined by the user by an other font name described by the same user.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) vendredi 29 avril 2011 15:45:26

Please :

Missing Calibri Font

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.