Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion Text Crumble

Hi All,

Is it possible to create this effect in Motion from this After Effects Tutorial from Video Copilot?

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/procedural_crumble/

Thanks Darren

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 9:29 AM

8 replies

Apr 28, 2011 12:10 PM in response to darrenc0408

Not directly. There are several workarounds (such as might be found in Patrick Sheffield's book How to cheat in Motion) or by getting some third party filters or behaviors.

Don't take my word for it, though. Give the forum a day or two to see who else has a better suggestion. Also, stop by video and search for "Motion tutorials." Might find something useful.

bogiesan

Apr 29, 2011 4:26 PM in response to Patrick Sheffield

Okay, I've not come up with a good way to have the crumble travel along - maybe a moving attractor? In any case, here's something to get you started:

User uploaded file

(click on the picture for a movie)

Here's the project. It does a couple of interesting things, One of them is that it uses a random shape generator for the particles by applying a Randomize Shape behavior to a bezier shape, cloning it to allow the particle emitter to see it as a movie and using Random Start Frame. It also puts a Wriggle on the particle's "bounciness" so when they hit the bottom they rebound differently.

It uses a clone layer to create the particle's shadows. Oh - and it uses the "Underwater" filter (with a speed of zero) to give some "graininess" to the type edges...

Also, it's a good idea to turn off the Movement Blur filter while you play around. It adds a lot of overhead. You can reduce the particle count from 20,000 too to improve your performance while you fiddle around. Or make them less but bigger...

Put what you want to write (or be revealed) in the Title Holder group.

Have fun...

Patrick

P.S. I should call this Fun with Crumbling...

Motion Text Crumble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.