Previous 1 2 3 Next 209 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2013 12:45 PM by emarino
McShifty Level 1 (0 points)

I'm getting duplicate iPhoto events showing up when I try to sync my iPhone and/or iPad. These events are not in duplicate in iPhoto itself. I have tried repairing the iPhoto database and it's file permissions. I have no idea why iTunes reads these events like so (see included screen shot). Any help would be appreciated; thanks in advance.

dupes.png

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 7,1
  • ajhard Level 1 (0 points)

Me too - this is after I applied an update to iPhoto today...

Any ideas how to fix?

• McShifty Level 1 (0 points)

Oh yea, I forgot about that iPhoto update; that must have been the issue since I didn't do anything unusual since the last time it worked correctly.

For the record I'm running iTunes 10.2.2 (12) and iPhoto 9.1.2 (605) on OS X 10.6.7.

• corchoc Level 1 (0 points)

Me too, this is after I applied an update to iPhoto, helpme.

Captura de pantalla 2011-04-28 a las 15.55.17.png

• McShifty Level 1 (0 points)

I don't seem to have this issue any more after syncing my iPhone. I've double checked in a few different ways to make sure that it's displaying correctly and it seems to be. I am now unable to duplicate this bug.

Please reply to let us know if syncing your phone resolves this issue for you.

• Gary86 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here...I went to apple store and they fixed it somehow but now it is back again. Apple needs to fix this asap.

• Supermd Level 1 (0 points)

I had the same exact problem syncing my iPad2 after the update..

I tried to exit iPhoto and iTunes and somehow the issue disappeared. But now it happened again.

It looks like it separates the pictures if the come from different supports (e.g. My Nikon or My iPhone).

iPhoto itself seems to work properly as the events look ok.

• MikeyF74 Level 1 (5 points)

Hi!

I also have this problem.

iTunes 10.2.2 (12)

iPhoto 9.1.2 (605)

It seems that iTunes separates the pictures of an event, which was imported at different times.

I left a message on:  http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

greetings

michael

• Aaron Crocco Level 1 (5 points)

I'm getting this exact same issue since the iPhoto update. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

I've posted this on two forums just waiting on replies.  Does Apple usually fix this quick?  I mean we all bought expensive compters, iPads, and iPhones we deserve a prompt fix.

• rogerfinch Level 1 (0 points)

yup, got this too with the new updato to iphoto.

no events listed in itunes now for the ipad2, but have faces.

selecting a new folder of photos to sync with, applying, and selecting iphoto again gets the event list back, but multiple copies of the same events..

bug!

• emkai Level 1 (0 points)

I got the same thing.

It looks like it's something to do with Autosplit for events setting in Preferences.

I think it's gone through photos and split them into events of the same name but a separate one for each day, hence it looks like duplicates but you'll probably find the photos are different in each "event".

I'm going to rebuild my library, then put events "back together" - hopefully that fixes it, but not sure about going forward. Will it happen again?

I should have said......

My iPhoto did not show separate events, it only shows in iTunes (iPhone sync screen) and in iPhoto Library Manager. So, something is confused in the back end, as the front user interface sees it as we would expect it to.

Don't rebuild your library, it doesn't work.  Apple did that for me and still jacked up. 

Yep, you're right. Did it, fixed the events - still the same.... Hopefully they're on it..

Previous 1 2 3 Next