Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect the NBA League Pass, if i have already login and password?

AppleTV 2

Posted on May 6, 2011 5:35 PM

23 replies

Dec 16, 2011 12:17 PM in response to EFL1975

We paid for and have the full Broadband NBA League Pass but when we try to log on on Apple TV, it will not accept our log in. We are using the right user name (which is your email, right?) and password. It's been two days and no luck and it's impossible to contact anyone with NBA website.

So, right now, $169 is down the tubes. Any suggestions from anyone on logging in on Apple TV???

Dec 17, 2011 10:56 AM in response to fairfex

okay. so nba customer service told me that you cannot log into apple tv/nba until dec. 25.

there will be no games on it until dec. 26. their website give NO date on a release.

it has also been reported that when we do log into apple tv, we will be using airplay to watch games on tv.

this means that you will pull up game on ipad or computer and then press the "airplay" option to send the picture and sound to your apple tv to play on your tv. i guess they are working on an app to make this work.

i would rather just stream the games from internet directly to apple tv (like how Netflix works), vs being dependent on airplay to stay up and running without interuption. i also wonder what the resolution will be? apple tv can do HD in 720 but if you are using airplay, i dont know what kind of picture you will get. Not to mention, if this is a new app, will it be buggy?

So, thats all I know. It is unfortunate they don't explain any of this on the website. I would have waited before I shelled out $169 for the league pass on broadband. I am not sure they are ready for prime time. yet

Dec 17, 2011 2:37 PM in response to mauijiminar

yes. and from what i have read, that is the way nba worked last year on apple tv. but this year it sounds like they are changing it up. someone posted an email from nba.com that stated there would be an app for airplay. so, i think its going to be different this season. yet, nba.com/appletv has no info. and apple has no info either.

bummer if you already purchased entire package because you dont know how its going to work or when.

Dec 18, 2011 2:33 PM in response to Jill Brown

Wait a minute, are you serious about having to use an iPad with AirPlay to watch on TV? That can't be right, can it? As far as I can tell, it says NOTHING about that on the NBA site (which is a horrible, confusing mess with lots of outdated information). If that's true, where is this app? Does that mean we can't use it until they release an app? What a crock of crap. MLB.TV works perfectly streaming directly to ATV, I don't understand this at all.

As far as the ATV login goes, I'm unclear on what the "Login ID" is. Is that my email address, my account name I signed up with, the long "Reference ID" number from my account, or something else? it says something about "If you don't have one, create one on your computer at www.nba.com/appletv", but when I go to that page, I just get a generic League Pass page with a photo of an Apple TV on it, but nothing about creating a special account ID.

And as mentioned, there's no clue anywhere about when you can start logging in. Since I'm on the Choice package, I have to log in and select teams before I can start watching (can't launch LP on the website yet either). Obviously there's not going to be any support available on the 25th, and probably not on the 26th either, so if there is some problem with your account or login, you'll probably miss games before you can get it straightened out. Would be nice to at least know the login works earlier.

Really not impressed at all with LP at this point, they are kind of dropping the ball on it.

Dec 19, 2011 8:45 AM in response to HiRez

a guy posted an email he received from nba.com.

it said that there will be an app for the league pass for apple tv.

i need to find that thread. pretty sure it stated it will work via airplay this year.

im concerned about the stability of that.

also, we have an iPad 1st generation. i dont think that will be an issue, but i know the ipad II

is higher definition.

lots of questions, and no answers.......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.