Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Not upload files from iPad to Content management sites?

still you can not Uploading files on the IPad to CM sites... because "Choose file" is grayed out in Moodle or any other web based content management site I use. If it's absolutely not possible I need to be going another route. No file systems means this iPad can't do simple web based tasks. Please no post on how to attach to iPad apps. I need to upload or attach files on my iPad to a web based email account or to a content management site. After a year of waiting for apple to make this more than a content viewing tool im finally getting ready to move on.

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 7, 2011 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2011 1:20 PM

MobileMe? DropBox?

89 replies

May 7, 2011 2:09 PM in response to tonefox

No. Not using Mobleme..even though I have an account. My school's email or gmail neither can you attach a file on the iPad to a message. More importantly, many iPad users work in an academic context where we have to upload files to content management sites such a Moodle and Drupal where the iPad will not allow for files to be selected for upload. Because as I understand it has no file directory that is accessible where you can choose a file to upload. There are apps for specific sites such FlickR, but i can't select another website when I'm uploading files to moodle or drupal sites. Serious shortcoming but so common. I was hoping apple would fix this within a year. So I still cannot travel without my laptop for such a simple operation.

May 12, 2011 2:09 PM in response to Philip Ayers

Just noticed your post while searching for solutions to just this problem. I'm trying to use my ipad to to upload CV's to various websites while job-hunting and am close to tears. Is this really not possible? Surely this should be the most basic of functions for such an amazing product as the iPad. If you do find a solution, or if anyone out there has a clue I would be very appreciative if you could let me know, my girlfriend is getting sick of the sobbing mess I have become.

Ta

May 12, 2011 2:45 PM in response to Philip Ayers

Philip Ayers wrote:

No. Not using Mobleme..even though I have an account. My school's email or gmail neither can you attach a file on the iPad to a message.

But you can send a file as an attachment to an email. Open the file with whatever app. Tap the curved arrow at top and send as email.

More importantly, many iPad users work in an academic context where we have to upload files to content management sites such a Moodle and Drupal where the iPad will not allow for files to be selected for upload.

Why not use the Moodle or Drupal iPad apps?

Because as I understand it has no file directory that is accessible where you can choose a file to upload. There are apps for specific sites such FlickR, but i can't select another website when I'm uploading files to moodle or drupal sites. Serious shortcoming but so common. I was hoping apple would fix this within a year. So I still cannot travel without my laptop for such a simple operation.

Sep 27, 2011 8:30 AM in response to Chris CA

Well, that's your opinion. My opinion is that it's time for Apple Engineers to do something about it. Right now I have at least 3 copies of my resumes and other documents in my iPad just because the lack of a file system with a share folder. To me, this really inefficient. It's using a lot of space, space that I need for other things.

So if you are happy with this situation, that's ok. But do not stop others from say what they think. I love my iPad but I want Apple to know that there are things that could be different and that will make this product even better.

Sep 27, 2011 11:08 AM in response to ctitanic

Why did you respond to Phillip Ayers from +5 months ago?

Why are you so being so aggresive/defensive? Chill out.

What makes you assume that I have not done it already?

Because you simply complain here. If you want something done, you need to address it to the correct people.

Anyway, I already said what I want it using the right that the USA constitution gives me. You may hate what I said but I have the right to say it.

Are you speaking of the First Amendment to the US Constitution?

Perhaps you should study it a bit more since it doesn't apply here. You do not have a right to say or post anything here. It is something granted to you by Apple

The first amendment prevents the government from making laws prohibiting freedom of speech.

Private institutions are free to do as they please.

And I don't hate or even dislike what you wrote..

However, no one suggested you could not voice your opinion. Just that you should voice it in the correct place where it can do some good.

Feb 6, 2012 3:07 AM in response to Philip Ayers

This file uploading feature could be trivially done if Safari or any other third party web browser would allow files to be stored into it's private file space. Dropbox can already send files for example to iBooks. Similarily Dropbox could send files to Safari's private files space, from where it could be uploaded files to various internet sites. There is no technical problem to implement this kind of feature, but it is just Apple's arrogance towards it's customers not to allow such features.

I am sure that they have made some commercial deal with some operators that they do not allow file uploads in order to save mobile bandwith. Similarily as high resolution Youtube is forbidden with 3g iPad and downloading applications that are more than 20 MB in size. These are not technical restrictions, but plain commercial deals made with mostly American large teleoperators.

Can Not upload files from iPad to Content management sites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.