Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using this discussion forum - searching/navigating

Is there a way to search for posts other using keywords other than those offered in the 'refine' list. (For example I want to look for posts that are concerned with user accounts). Or to restrict the search to discussions with correct answers. Also, when I am going through the pages of discussions, if I find a discussion topic that I want to look at, when I then press the back button at the top left of the window I end up back on page 1, which is a bit annoying if I have got all the thru to page 10 or 11 as, as far as I can see, I then have to page thru those 10/11 pages one at a time to get back to where I was before I looked at the topic. Cheers!

Posted on May 9, 2011 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2011 2:33 AM

The new forum is rubbish, i have same issues click back you go back to the first page, The new format also means that pages you view dont get saved in IE9's history due to privacy.. pathetic

7 replies

May 10, 2011 4:34 PM in response to stormy234

Frankly, I almost never use the ASC search engine for anything. It isn't very sophisticated & by default the latest incarnation searches all of ASC's content -- probably in excess of 15 million posts, more than 2.5 million users, & so on -- so without using the arcane constructions mentioned in the search tips to limit the results, it isn't very useful.

When I want to search ASC I use Google instead, & append the search term with "site:discussions.apple.com" to limit the results to this site. Not only is it much faster & usually ranks what I'm looking for near the top, I can right click on the results to open them in separate tabs.

Using this discussion forum - searching/navigating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.