Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off voice control?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.7, 14GB

Posted on May 10, 2011 8:25 PM

24 replies

Mar 1, 2012 8:57 AM in response to The Huntress

I could make a post myself, in an iPod forum, that's true... but, when searching for "how to disable voice control", there are so many posts already about "how to turn off voice control", none of them with any answer better than "don't push that button" or "you can't", I'm not sure if there would be much value in starting yet another converstaion along those lines in a different forum...

The answer plainly seems to be that voice control cannot be disabled, either on the iPhone or the iPod Touch, so, again, this is something for Apple's engineers to fix, and fix soon.

Mar 1, 2012 9:04 AM in response to Marc Country

Then as previously suggested I would send that feedback directly to Apple via the link I previously provided. Apple have no presence here, even if they do from time to time view these posts, they never respond so giving constructure feedback would be a more suitable route. Unfortunately we are users just like yourself and therefore cannot change what functions Apple currently provide.

May 15, 2012 6:56 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

stevejobsfan0123 - you are correct. People that have not had their iphones literally taken over by the blue-screen "voice control" that pops up magically and automatically calls someone whether its 12am or 12pm has no idea how frustrating it is. Just because itunes allows the person to go into the options and choose "voice over or "none" or even do that "3-tap" thing still does not cover the fact that the voice control take-over is ridiculous. It dumbfounds me why Apple does not allow the owners of iPhones (us) the ability to turn it off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.